At the reception, General Giang warmly welcomed the guests to Vietnam, reaffirming that the Vietnam-RoK relationship has been increasingly developing since the establishment of their diplomatic ties 30 years ago.
He hoped that the two defense ministries will continue to enhance friendship in a more effective and practical manner in various fields, particularly in delegation exchange, deputy ministerial levels' dialogue, U.N. peacekeeping officers' training, defense industry, and settlement of war legacy in Vietnam.
Minister Phan Van Giang expressed his thanks to the RoK Government for supporting Vietnam in the COVID-19 fight, affirming that the Vietnam People’s Army, as the key force on the front-line of the pandemic prevention and control, is determined to ensure safety for both Vietnamese and foreign citizens living in Vietnam, including RoK citizens.
The defense minister emphasized that the Covid-19 pandemic is not a problem of a single country. In the context that the pandemic has not shown any signs of being controlled, it is necessary for the international community to join hands to fight the disease.
General Giang said he expected to welcome the Korean Minister of National Defense to visit Vietnam at an appropriate time.
For his part, Deputy Minister Park Jae-min informed Minister Giang about the outcomes of the ninth Vietnam-RoK Defense Policy Dialogue and applauded efforts of both sides to successfully hold the event amid the complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic. Also, he affirmed to make greater contributions to accelerating the bilateral defense relations between the two countries in the time to come.
* Earlier, Deputy Defense Minister Sr. Lt. Gen. Hoang Xuan Chien and RoK Deputy Defense Minister Park Jae-min co-chaired the ninth Vietnam-RoK Defense Policy Dialogue.
At the event, the two sides exchanged views on global security situations and discussed regional and international issues of mutual concern to enhance trust and understanding.
Regarding the bilateral defense cooperation, the two sides spoke highly of the cooperation results that have been achieved since the eighth Vietnam – RoK Defense Policy Dialogue in 2019 in several areas such as delegation exchange, personnel training.
Both sides agreed to continue enhancing cooperation in defense industry, settlement of war legacy, marine security, activities related to U.N. peacekeeping operations, COVID-19 prevention and control, and coordination activities at forums within the multilateral framework, especially cooperation mechanisms led by the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
Translated by Trung Thanh
- Vietnam and Indonesia holds second defense policy dialogue
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 23
- After Afghanistan, retaining human capital must be a top Defense priority
- More remains of US servicemen in Vietnam repatriated
- Ouster of South Korean President Could Return Liberals to Power
- Colin Powell Still Wants Answers
- John McCain’s complicated relationship with President Trump
- Treaty to Formally End Korean War Is Being Discussed, South Confirms
- Pyongyang launches another missile, probably an SLBM
- BlackRock (BLK) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- China's new nuke-capable missile can strike from space
- U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan was highest enlisted soldier supporting army's new adviser brigade
- N.Korea Dismisses U.S. Calls for Talks
- Russia is willing to help Donald Trump get U.S. troops out of Aghanistan
- Russia suspends its mission at NATO, shuts alliance's office
- Why So Many Black Men Are Dying in America
- View: The present format of WTO negotiations may push India's MSMEs to a corner
- Joe Biden penalises Russia over alleged cyber-attacks amid escalating tensions
- N.Korea test fires submarine-launched ballistic missile, S.Korea says
Vietnam, RoK conduct ninth defense policy dialogue have 556 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.