According to the ministry’s report, 8,668 of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 38 localities including HCM City (5,171), Binh Duong (1,410), Dong Nai (869), Long An (268), Tien Giang (211), Kien Giang (175), Dak Lak (113), and An Giang (100). There were 13 imported patients confirmed today.
The new infection number showed a decrease of 1,357 cases compared to yesterday’s figure with some hotspots seeing falling number such as Binh Duong (falling by 922), HCM City (by 325), An Giang (by 187). There were 6,154 infections found in the community.
As of Monday evening, 691,285 infections have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country in late April, with some southern localities recording high infections such as HCM City (341,699), Binh Duong (179,705), Dong Nai (40,842), Long An (30,596), and Tien Giang (13,270). The outbreak has so far spread to 62 out of 63 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 695,744. The country now stands 47th among 222 countries and territories worldwide in the number of infections.
On September 20, an additional 6,821 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 464,326.
On Monday evening, a further 215 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 17,305. The deaths were reported in some localities including HCM City (163), Binh Duong (36), Binh Thuan (3), Long An (3), Kien Giang (3), Danang (2), Ba Ria – Vung Tau (2), Bac Lieu (1), An Giang (1), and Nghe An (1).
The country has so far conducted over 34.55 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 6.64 million people having received two doses.
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 19
- Recovered: MIA Army pilot who crashed during Vietnam War
- More American students come to Vietnam for study: report
- Finance Ministry decries Moody’s downgrade of Vietnam’s outlook
- Vietnam to ship litchis to Japan after five years of talks
- PCI 2017: 40 per cent of FDI firms to expand in Vietnam
- Special Report: Iran's leader ordered crackdown on unrest - 'Do whatever it takes to end it'
- Special Report: How murder, kidnappings and miscalculation set off Hong Kong’s revolt
- Vietnam's hydropower dams run out of water on lack of rain, heatwave
- Microsoft to reboot Vietnam cyber security drive
- Vietnam to join Microsoft's network security protection programme
- Vietnam and Indonesia enhance automotive and spare parts co-operation
- Census: Vietnam has over 96.2 million population
- 7-Eleven Vietnam uses Domo to streamline supply chain
- Vietnam to extend visa waiver for visitors from key markets
- Vietnam breaks plastic stranglehold in 2019
- Vietnam part of thriving illegal trade in tigers
- More S. Korean carriers descend on central Vietnam seaside
- Latest escalation of US-China trade war threatens Vietnam
- The last, most shameful chapter of NZ's involvement in the Vietnam War
Vietnam reports lowest number of daily Covid-19 infections in a month have 442 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.