The Ministry of Health logged 9,472 in Vietnam on Thursday, together with 6,226 discharged patients and 236 deaths.
Thirty-three provinces and cities recorded 9,465 domestic cases while the country recorded another seven imported infections, the health ministry said.
The ministry had documented 11,525 locally-infected patients on Wednesday.
Above 5,300 of the latest domestic cases were found in the community, with the remaining detected in sectioned-off areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City reported 5,052 local infections, down by 383 patients from yesterday; Binh Duong Province 2,764, down by 1,415; Dong Nai Province 760; Long An Province 190; Kien Giang Province 163; An Giang Province 109; Can Tho City 53; Hanoi five; and Da Nang three.
Vietnam has confirmed 723,962 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth – and worst – virus wave emerged in the country on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City tops the list with 358,707 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 190,257, Dong Nai Province with 43,122, Long An Province with 31,231, Tien Giang Province with 13,531, Dong Thap Province with 8,155, Khanh Hoa Province with 7,601, Da Nang with 4,887, Hanoi with 4,190, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 4,099.
By comparison, Vietnam detected a combined 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in the previous three waves.
The health ministry announced 6,226 recoveries on Thursday, taking the total to 493,488.
The toll has increased to 18,017 deaths after the ministry documented 236 fatalities on the same day, including 175 in Ho Chi Minh City and 37 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has recorded 728,435 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have given around 36 million vaccine doses, including 463,597 shots on Wednesday, since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
Over 7.5 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities aim to immunize at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- There Cannot Be A Blanket Ban On Media Reporting Of Rape Cases: SC Lifts Gag Order In Muzaffarpur Shelter Home Case
- There Cannot Be A Blanket Ban On Media Reporting Of Rape Cases: SC Lifts Gag Order In Muzaffarpur Shelter Home Case [Read Order]
- Politics Brunei patrol ship visits Da Nang Tea-based drinks outplay coffee in caffeine-loving Vietnam: report
- NYT Reassigns Reporter in Leak Case
- U.S. citizen thought missing in Vietnam reportedly detained by government
- Ali Watkins' past tweets come back to haunt NYT reporter amid leak case
- NOT REAL NEWS: Reports of Ebola cases in Texas unfounded
- TV reporters covering Hastert case cited for breaking federal courthouse rules
- SC To Peruse “Confidential Reports” In Karti Case In Open Court
- Huma email horror returns to haunt FBI brass, in IG report on Clinton case
- The Latest: NYC prosecutors reportedly eyeing Manafort case
- Trump warns Comey over looming IG report on Clinton case: 'A lot of problems'
- Judge to announce ruling in CNN reporter's credential case
- Microsoft helps Vietnam protect children in cyberspace
- Ex-Ambassador To Vietnam Quit Because Trump Planned To Deport More Refugees
- Appeal trial on PVC case: Trịnh Xuân Thanh withdraws appeal
- Journalism & Justice: Did Innocence Project Student Reporters Get Too Close to Lawyers?
- Decades-Old Case Could Thwart Mueller From Issuing Russia Report
- Delhi HC Permits CBI To File Closure Report In Missing JNU Student Najeeb Ahmed Case
- FIR Relating To Sexual Assault Cases Shall Not Be Put In Public Domain:[Read SC Guidelines]
Vietnam reports 9,472 more coronavirus cases have 535 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.