The Ministry of Health confirmed 10,508 COVID-19 cases throughout Vietnam on Tuesday, together with 12,638 discharged patients and 276 fatalities.
Thirty-three provinces and cities reported 10,496 domestic cases whereas the country logged 12 separate imported infections, the health ministry said.
The ministry had recorded 11,168 locally-infected patients on Monday.
More than 6,700 of the latest domestic cases were detected in the community, with the remaining found in sectioned-off areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City registered 6,312 local infections, up by 866 patients from yesterday; Binh Duong Province 2,178, down by 1,473; Dong Nai Province 777, Long An Province 379, Kien Giang Province 157; An Giang Province 111; Tien Giang Province 102; Hanoi 21; and Da Nang 11.
Vietnam has detected 630,661 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth – and worst – virus wave emerged in the country on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City stays atop the list with 309,787 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 162,847, Dong Nai Province with 36,361, Long An Province with 28,865, Tien Giang Province with 12,468, Dong Thap Province with 7,923, Khanh Hoa Province with 7,353, Da Nang with 4,835, Hanoi with 4,074, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 3,915.
By comparison, Vietnam confirmed a combined 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in the previous three waves.
The health ministry announced 12,638 recoveries on Tuesday, taking the total to 398,461.
The toll has increased to 15,936 deaths after the ministry documented 276 fatalities on the same day, including 199 in Ho Chi Minh City, 41 in Binh Duong Province, and 12 in Dong Nai Province.
Vietnam has reported 635,055 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first struck it early last year.
Health workers have given around 30.3 million vaccine doses, including 1,021,602 shots on Monday, since vaccination was rolled out on March 8.
Over 5.6 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities aim to immunize at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Global coronavirus cases pass 1.3 million, China reports zero daily deaths for first time since January
- Vietnam documents 3,168 more coronavirus cases in 45 provinces, cities
- These states have all reached more than 1,000 coronavirus cases but have no statewide stay-at-home orders in place
- More than 150,000 people have now recovered from the coronavirus around the world
- Dr Hilary warns new Covid variant could send UK 'back to square one' amid 45,000 new cases
- Another 3,168 new COVID-19 cases on Monday
- The U.S. could see around 1,000 new daily coronavirus deaths in the next three days
- Việt Nam reports 3,168 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday
- Vietnam records 3,159 new local Covid cases
- Worst-Case Estimates for U.S. Coronavirus Deaths
- How Italy Turned Around Its Coronavirus Calamity
- State-by-state coronavirus projections show how COVID-19 could impact U.S. over next four months
- Covid-19 Update: India Logs Lesser Cases Today, Lowest in 7 Months
- COVID In Minnesota: 2,868 New Cases, 29 More Deaths Reported
- Report: Sporting Events Have Not Become Coronavirus 'Superspreader' Events
- Where to get tested near you in New York, New Jersey, Louisiana and more
- Cuba Gooding Jr. faces February trial in NYC groping case
- Japan's rapid COVID vaccine campaign partially Credited with lowering new cases
- Soc Trang, Ca Mau become new COVID-19 hotbeds in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta
- Dr. Fauci says U.S. is not "even at halftime" in fight against coronavirus outbreak
Vietnam reports 10,508 new coronavirus cases in 33 provinces, cities have 512 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.