The Ministry of Health recorded 11,687 in Vietnam on Tuesday, alongside 11,017 discharged patients and 240 fatalities.
Thirty-four provinces and cities documented 11,687 domestic cases while the country reported five separate imported infections, the health ministry said.
The ministry had logged 8,668 locally-infected patients on Monday.
Over 6,800 of the latest domestic cases were found in the community, with the remaining detected in sectioned-off areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City reported 6,521 local infections, up by 1,350 patients from yesterday; Binh Duong Province 3,609, up by 2,199; Dong Nai Province 590; Long An Province 254; Kien Giang Province 134; An Giang Province 121; Tien Giang Province 105; Can Tho City 43; Da Nang 15; and Hanoi 12.
Vietnam has confirmed 702,972 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth – and worst – virus wave emerged in the country on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City tops the list with 348,220 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 183,314, Dong Nai Province with 41,432, Long An Province with 30,850, Tien Giang Province with 13,375, Dong Thap Province with 8,118, Khanh Hoa Province with 7,560, Da Nang with 4,874, Hanoi with 4,178, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 4,088.
By comparison, Vietnam detected a combined 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in the previous three waves.
The health ministry announced 11,017 recoveries on Tuesday, bringing the total to 475,343.
The toll has spiked to 17,545 deaths after the ministry documented 240 fatalities on the same day, including 184 in Ho Chi Minh City and 41 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has recorded 707,436 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have administered around 35 million vaccine doses, including 502.493 shots on Monday, since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
Nearly 6.8 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities aim to immunize at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Vinmec detects new mutation in six genes likely related to autism
- Vietnam Airlines earns 142 million USD in pre-tax profit
- 'Get to Britain before Brexit': 21 MORE migrants are caught trying to cross Channel in tiny dinghys a day after record 93 made the journey as people smugglers tell them border will close after UK leaves the EU
- Fortnite squad smashes ‘kills’ world record – have you come anywhere close to this?
- Battlefield 2 Q&A - Overview, New Classes, New Maps, Battlefield TV
- GameSpot Head-to-Head: Battlefield Vietnam Versus Unreal Tournament 2004
- New Details from a Call of Duty: Black Ops Retail Posting
- G2 Esports sets new records as it dominates Origen in the League of Legends LEC Spring Split Final
- Looking for a PS4? "Be patient" Sony says
- Tokyo Game Show 2012 sets new attendance record
- Wikileaks Releases New Draft of Trans-Pacific Treaty
- 'Final Fantasy Record Keeper' Releases On US App Store: iOS Game Offers Fan-Favorite Characters Across Entire Series
- Monster Hunter: World Sets Biggest New Release Of 2018 Record On Steam
- Blizzard Sets the Record Straight on Diablo Rumors
- Report: DICE Employee Claims New Battlefield Game is Bad Company 3
- Jordan Peele’s Twilight Zone inverts classic episodes to tell urgent, new stories
- There’s a new Final Fantasy 15 mobile game, and it’s bad
- ‘Grand Theft Auto 5’ PC Screenshots Arrive Ahead of New Trailer
- My part in the anti-war demo that changed protest for ever
- August 2019 Humble Monthly Overview: Oh, the Places You'll Go
Vietnam records 11,687 new coronavirus patients have 527 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.