Police in Ha Tinh Province, Vietnam are investigating a man after discovering the body of a dead tiger and unidentified animal bones in a freezer at his house.
Police officers on Saturday said they had seized a tiger carcass weighing 160 kilograms and 34 kilograms of unknown animal bones stored in a freezer at the residence of Nguyen Van Chung in Huong Son District two days before.
A criminal investigation has been launched to clarify Chung's "violation of regulations on the protection of endangered, precious, and rare wildlife species," police said.
Chung, 42, told investigators that in December 2020 he met a man named Viet, a truck driver, at local eatery and then invited him home.
Viet asked Chung to keep for him a freezer containing animal carcasses that would be processed into bone glue.
The driver promised to pay him some amount after the glue was sold.
Ten days later, Viet carried a freezer to Chung's house. Chung initially refused it upon finding a tiger carcass and animal bones inside, but he eventually to agree to Viet's request.
Viet gave Chung VND9 million (US$395) to pay for the electricity cost for the freezer's operation.
Another wildlife-related offense happened last month in Nghe An Province, a neighbor of Ha Tinh, when local police discovered 15 adult tigers, weighing 200 kilograms each, illegally raised at a local resident's house.
Also in August, two men were arrested after being caught transporting seven live tiger cubs for sale in Nghe An.
Tigers and many other wild animals are strictly banned from being traded in, imported to or exported from Vietnam as they are on the list of endangered wildlife protected by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), to which the country has been party since 1994.
- Man dead in Christchurch house fire
- Man Found Dead At Campground Was Hit By Vehicle: Sheriff
- In Baton Rouge officer shooting, lawsuit alleges police violated man's rights, a culture of cover-ups
- Gatwick live updates: Police arrest man, 47, and woman, 54, over drone chaos as flights resume
- Police investigate whether notorious Melbourne gangster was bashing a standover victim just before he died in a hail of bullets in front of his son
- British man found dead wedged down side of house after vanishing in Thailand
- Pictured: Teenager, 18, found dead with stab wounds after armed police swooped on house in Sussex port town - as officers arrest boy, 16, who was 'known to victim' for murder
- BRPD detectives did not find cause to arrest fired BRPD, but advocates call for criminal case
- Vietnamese woman found dead in Japan, companion injured
- Killer of homeless man, 64, found decapitated and with his arms cut off in Cork 'was caught on CCTV boarding a flight to Scotland’, police believe
- Mass evacuations, banned BBQs, sports events at risk. Deadly fires are threatening Australia's way of life
- Former police officer sentenced for planting drugs
- Police missed 'opportunities galore' to stop London Bridge terrorists including failing to search all ringleader Khuram Butt's computers when they raided his house a year before gang killed eight, inquest hears
- Controversial businessman Kočner influences investigation of his case from custody
- Baton Rouge police chief calls 4 weekend killings 'concerning,' 'senseless acts'
- PICTURED: Hero volunteer firefighter Colin Burns, 72, found dead in his burned-out car - as 28 remain missing in Victorian blazes
- No Charges For San Jose Police Officers Who Killed Domestic Violence Suspect With Tear Gas
- Man jailed for storing meat, eggs of endangered turtle
- Teen's Freezer Death Featured On MTV 'True Life Crime' | PatchPM
- Tiger attack: Man mauled to death after climbing fence to avoid paying for zoo ticket in China
Vietnam police investigate man after finding dead tiger in freezer at his house have 610 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.