Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnam Internet Network Information Centre (VNNIC), in collaboration with NetNam JSC , has piloted two i-Speed Internet speed measuring stations in Singapore and Hong Kong (China) since September 5.
The move aims to support Internet users and service suppliers evaluate the quality of international Internet connections, especially in the current period when demand for Internet services for online working and studying are surging due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
On September 17, the centre released a report on measuring results at the two stations in the first week of operations, which showed that the average download speed was 38.76 Mbps, while the upload speed was 30.38 Mbps on the fixed broadband and 34.34 Mbps and 14.41 Mbps, respectively, on the wide broadband, lower than the average results measured in stations inside the country.
On the foundation of the results, the centre will launch officials measuring stations in regional and international Internet hubs.
The Internet speed measuring system via I-Speed app of the VNNIC was launched in January 2020, helping users check the speed of their Internet connections and quickly evaluate network service quality.
Recently, the Viettel Military Industry and Telecoms Group (Viettel) has announced that it and Ericsson and Qualcomm Technologies have successfully set up a 5G data transmission network with speed of over 4.7Gb per second, 40 times higher than the 4G network and two times higher than the existing 5G system. With the result, Viettel has become one of the telecommunications service suppliers with the highest 5G speed in Asia./.
- Vietnam to pilot 5G service next year
- Review: Anantara Mui Ne Resort & Spa (Vietnam)
- Popular internet stars Tour Kaohsiung
- Vietnam’s railway sector dragged down by obsolete trains
- Social News 16/4
- Government News 18/11
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – June 7
- How to Prep for an International Trip
- Shame campaign: Could a social media firestorm consume Madison bar Gib's?
- Social News In Brief 15/5
- Social News 29/4
- Diplomats seek to improve consular affairs, citizen protection
- A Tribute to Retiring Sports Radio Giant Mike Francesa: The Most Loved (and Hated) Broadcaster in NY
- Wireless in San Diego
- Singapore Airlines A350 Business Class Düsseldorf to Singapore
- Radio – promoter of dialogue, tolerance and peace
- Here's What You Can Expect From 5G in 2018
- Apollo 11's 50th anniversary: Quick guide to the first moon landing
- Getting Around China: Transportation Tips
- Summer cinema: 'FJI' previews the season's movie offerings, from blockbusters to indies
Vietnam pilots Internet speed measuring stations abroad have 383 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.