Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh on September 10 signed Decision 1469/QD-TTg appointing Vu Viet Trang as General Director of the State-run Vietnam News Agency (VNA).
The decision took effect the same day.
Vu Viet Trang, the new General Director of VNA, born October 16, 1969, graduated from the Vietnam National University – Hanoi, majoring in English, in 1993.
She started working at the VNA in 1993 as a sub-editor at the News for Foreign Service Department .
In 2004, she was promoted to head of the English Desk at the News for Foreign Service Department and Assistant to the Department's Director.
In 2005, Trang was appointed Deputy Director of the Editorial Secretariat and External Relations Department of the VNA.
She became Director of the Editorial Secretariat and External Relations Department in 2011.
On November 17, 2017, Trang was appointed Deputy General Director of VNA by the Prime Minister.
During her career, she has been awarded the Prime Minister's Certificates of Merit several times, for contributions to the coverage of the APEC Leaders' Meeting and related meetings in 2006 and the communication drive on the 12th National Party Congress in 2016, for outstanding work performance in 2018, and for her role in the communication drive on the Vietnam ASEAN Year 2020.
She was admitted to the Party in 2000, and has been a member of the VNA's Party Committee since 2014 and a member of the standing board of the VNA's Party Committee since 2015./.
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 24
- Sustainable infrastructure investment speeds up growth in Vietnam
- New textbooks for first graders approved
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 1
- New mechanisms to keep maritime transport sector afloat
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 25
- Vietnam attends 29th int'l congress of notaries in Indonesia
- New centre to be set up in Hanoi to promote Japan’s Kyushu region
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 27
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 28
- Vietnam Airlines, Bamboo Airways launch new air routes to China, South Korea
- Household business requires new rule for better management
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 26
- Mekong Delta urged to apply hi-tech in fish farming
- Food safety and sustainability play key role in food and beverage sector: experts
- Household business requires a new rule for better management
- Hospitality firms see Viet Nam’s potential
- Vietnam should eliminate unfair incentives to grow the private sector
- DEG financing to develop NovaWorld Mekong project
- SMEs’ productivity: Better, but still limited
Vietnam News Agency has new General Director have 395 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 10, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.