The Ministry of Health reported 10,489 coronavirus cases throughout Vietnam on Thursday, alongside 10,901 discharged patients and 239 fatalities.
Thirty-seven provinces and cities recorded 10,482 domestic cases whereas the country logged seven separate imported infections, the health ministry said.
The ministry had documented 10,583 locally-infected patients on Wednesday.
Over 6,500 of the latest domestic cases were found in the community, with the remaining detected in sectioned-off areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City registered 5,735 local infections, up by 434 patients from yesterday; Binh Duong Province 2,998, down by 230; Dong Nai Province 567, Long An Province 281, Kien Giang Province 198; An Giang Province 126; Hanoi 15; and Da Nang two.
Vietnam has confirmed 651,726 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth – and worst – virus wave emerged in the country on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City is on top of the list with 320,823 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 169,073, Dong Nai Province with 37,736, Long An Province with 29,570, Tien Giang Province with 12,642, Dong Thap Province with 8,001, Khanh Hoa Province with 7,423, Da Nang with 4,846, Hanoi with 4,103, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 3,962.
By comparison, Vietnam detected a combined 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in the previous three waves.
The health ministry documented 10,901 recoveries on Thursday, bringing the total to 423,551.
The toll has soared to 16,425 deaths after the ministry logged 239 fatalities on the same day, including 160 in Ho Chi Minh City and 46 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has reported 656,129 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have administered around 32.3 million vaccine doses, including 715,550 shots on Wednesday, since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
Nearly six million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities aim to immunize at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- Asanzo Vietnam found to have committed different violations
- Asanzo Vietnam accused of business violations
- Your Next iPhone Might Be Made in Vietnam. Thank the Trade War.
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 29
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 29
- How to Install Linux Mint 19 Tara?
- Vietnam’s wood industry faces difficulties in raw materials
- Barnaby Joyce wants Australia's Leadbeater's possum off endangered list to boost logging
- Vietnam intercepts Chinese aluminum shipment in largest origin-fraud case to date
- Vietnam stops US-bound Chinese aluminum forging Vietnam origin worth US$4.3 billion
- Vietnam imposes anti-dumping duties on colour-coated steel products of RoK and China
- Customs agency faces large-scale smuggling cases
- WhatsApp Beta 2.19.59 for Android Download
- Keep 128GB of your personal files on your key ring for just $19
- Chubb Life Vietnam launches two new Universal Life insurance products
- China liaising with Vietnam on human trafficking tragedy
- Vietnam says trying to speed up identification of UK truck dead
- Vietnam to be least impacted in ASEAN from US-China trade war escalation
Vietnam logs 10,489 additional COVID-19 cases have 461 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.