The project comprises of a bridge, embankment and a 50-m road leading to Thao Kong Ta Ang Communal House, a place for cultural and religious gatherings of local people.
The Vietnamese Consulate General in Preah Sihanouk has raised a total of 18,000 USD from Vietnamese people, businesses and organizations in Cambodia for the construction of the project which started in early August.
The project will benefit more than 600 local households, many of which are Vietnamese, and help shorten travel time to school for about 200 Cambodian students.
Vice Governor of Kampot city Men Vannara highlighted the significance of the project, saying it will enable students to safely travel to school, particularly during the rainy season.
He thanked the government of Vietnam, the Khmer-Vietnam Association and Vietnamese missions in Cambodia for their contribution to the project.
Vietnamese Consul General to Preah Sihanouk Vu Ngoc Ly, for his part, said the project demonstrates the unity and humanity between the peoples at the time of COVID-19. He expected it will help recover the local economy and strengthen relations between Vietnamese expats and local authorities.
The launch of the project was among a series of events to mark the 55th anniversary of the Vietnam-Cambodia diplomatic ties (June 24, 1967-2022).
- ERGP: FG commits N300B to road projects—Fashola
- Project enrichs life in Central Highlands
- Vietnam Waste Solutions calls for stepping up green tree belt project
- Hanoi to build a road connecting Phap Van-Cau Gie and Belt Road No.3
- Dantri classroom project inaugurated in Nghe An
- Baton Rouge road officials rethink how to move forward on infrastructure after failed tax proposal
- Maryland Governor Accused of Rerouting State Funds to Benefit His Business
- Vietnam always supports US investors: Party official
- Troubled Richmond-San Rafael Bridge suffers another failure
- Despite fund crunch, BMC to splurge Rs 4 cr on 23 high-end cars
- Software launched to better support disabled people
- Project to improve agricultural development policy in Mekong subregion
- The Sleuk Rith Institute: Zaha Hadid's soft hymn to Cambodia's fallen
- WB recommends low-income countries to ape changes in Vietnam, China
- WB recommends low-income nations draw on Vietnam, China experiences
- 18th Cambodia- Laos-Myanmar- Vietnam senior economic officials’ meeting opens
- Vietnam takes a leap in digital transformation with foreign participation
- HCM City unclogs roads with a raft of infrastructure works
- Vietnam to operationalize 2020 with new transport infrastructure
- HCMC implements lots of projects in efforts to reduce traffic jam
Vietnam-funded bridge and road project launched in Cambodia have 377 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.