Deputy Minister Chien is accompanying President Nguyen Xuan Phuc during his official visit to Cuba.
At the meeting, Minister Alvaro Lopez Miera spoke highly of President Phuc's visit to Cuba, saying it reaffirms the solidarity and special brotherhood between the two countries at the time when the world is facing challenges caused by the uncertainties of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Both sides welcomed the outcomes of bilateral defense cooperation in recent years which are in line with documents and agreements signed by the two ministries and commitments made by the countries' leaders. They particularly spoke highly of results achieved in 2020, highlighting the compilation of a set of documents on the Vietnam-Cuba defense partnership over the last six decades (1960-2020) as an example.
They agreed to further increase delegation exchanges, high-level dialogues and cooperation in defense industry, personnel training, cyber security, military medicine and other areas that both sides have competitive edges and potential.
They also agreed to coordinate in responding to the pandemic and soon develop and sign a cooperation plan between the two countries' military medical forces for the next five years.
Thanking the Cuban Ministry of Revolutionary Armed Forces for sending medicines and experts to help Vietnam fight COVID-19, Deputy Minister Chien announced that the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense will present 100 tons of corn seeds along with medical supplies and cash, worth around 436,700 USD in total, to its Cuban counterpart.
The Cuban minister also informed that his ministry will donate 150,000 doses of Abdala COVID-19 vaccine and virus treatment medicines to Vietnam's Ministry of National Defense.
At the end of the talks, the two sides inked a plan for defense cooperation for 2020-2022.
- Vietnam-Cuba friendship school inaugurated in Cuba
- Indigenous group behind mass protests in Ecuador agree to hold talks on austerity with President Lenin Moreno as Quito remains on military-enforced lock-down amid violent unrest
- Turkish, Russian leaders hold bilateral meeting
- Azerbaijani Defense Ministry holds board meeting
- Damascus, Kurdish-led SDF hold talks at Russian airbase
- Portuguese president holds talks as Socialists eye new coalition
- US sanctions Cuba’s Castro for supporting Venezuela’s Maduro
- Canada willing to give Vietnam military training: defense minister
- Sudan, rebel groups set to begin peace talks — Here’s what you should know
- Party official: Vietnam will do its best to foster ties with Cuba
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 13
- Sovereignty, sovereign rights, jurisdiction of Vietnam ensured: official
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 13
- Obama and Raúl Castro thank pope for breakthrough in US-Cuba relations
- Vietnam - India culture and tourism: Chicken lays golden eggs
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 15
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 15
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 14
- Vietnam – an active, dynamic and responsible member of ASEM
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 13
Vietnam, Cuba’s defense leaders hold talks have 440 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.