Cambodian of Vietnamese origin have been facing a lot of difficulties due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Vietnamese Embassy in Cambodia, in collaboration with the Khmer-Vietnam Association in Cambodia, presented emergency relief aid to numerous households of Vietnamese origin in Prek Phnov District, Phnom Penh, on September 9.
These households have been facing a lot of difficulties due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The support includes rice, mosquito nets, and cash to 50 households of Vietnamese origin representing 1,171 disadvantaged households in 12 districts of the capital city.
President of the Khmer-Vietnam Association in Phnom Penh Huynh Minh Phu talks to the media about emergency relief aid to Cambodians of Vietnamese origin. Photo: Nguyen Vu Hung/ VNA
President of the Khmer-Vietnam Association in Phnom Penh Huynh Minh Phu said that there have been many relief rounds, but they still fall short of meeting their demand because they have been relocated onshore from their traditional living habitat on fish rafts in the river.
Leaders of the Vietnamese Embassy and the Khmer-Vietnam Association in Cambodia pledged to continue raising more relief for underprivileged Vietnamese Cambodian, Phu stressed.
Besides, the Khmer-Vietnamese Association in Phnom Penh city has sprayed insecticides for households living in riverside areas.
In addition to Phnom Penh, the Embassy’s Community Support Fund gave rice and medical supplies to more than 650 households in the provinces of Kampong Thom, Kampong Chhnang, Stung Treng, Prey Veng, and Kampong Cham. A total of 1,821 households have received the support.
In the past two months, the Community Support Fund has provided food, medical supplies, and essential goods to more than 800 households in isolated and pandemic-affected areas in the provinces of Kandal, Siem Reap, Kampong Chhnang, Prey Veng.
As of September 9, Cambodia had recorded more than 85,000 Covid-19 cases with over 1,600 fatalities.
Despite the fall in the number of new cases, Cambodia is still facing a high risk of pandemic spreading as many new patients detected in the community were diagnosed with Delta variant.
Experts warned that the number of new Covid-19 cases in Cambodia may surge when the country re-opens its border.
- Ken Burns' new Vietnam documentary dismisses the origins of the disastrous conflict
- Manny Pacquiao says he’s in negotiations for fight with Amir Khan
- Vietnam in the Battlefield of Memory
- Why Don’t Americans Know What Really Happened in Vietnam?
- The Vietnam Exposé That Wasn’t
- Cambodian opposition party to boycott parliament vote on leader
- The Reporter Who Warned Us Not to Invade Vietnam 10 Years Before the Gulf of Tonkin
- End of Vietnam: The Shameful Truth
- Misadventure in Vietnam: The Mix of Fact and Myth
- Vietnam War memories are still raw for some of its Iowa veterans
- Trump's first Medal of Honor recipient is Vietnam medic James McCloughan
- Galbraith and Vietnam
- New N.W.A. biography ‘Original Gangstas’ is a stunning and entertaining read about the group's influence on rap
- Rikers Island timeline: jail’s origins and controversies
- The Panther Pocket Lawyer of Legal First Aid
- Friends praying as Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin fights illness
- How they became us: Orange County changed forever in the 40 years since the fall of Saigon
- Speaking Ill of ‘The Best and the Brightest’
- Questions of Loyalty
- How “Crazy Rich” Asians Have Led to the Largest Income Gap in the U.S.
Vietnam aids Cambodian of Vietnamese origin in Covid-19 fight have 528 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at September 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.