HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam's Power Engineering Consulting Company 1 (PECC1) on Monday signed a contract to provide assessment and design services to Tanahu hydropower project in Nepal.
The contract was inked with a joint venture between Việt Nam's Sông Đà Corporation and Nepal's Kalika Group.
The Tanahu project aims to meet power demand particularly during dry winter months, minimise fossil fuel-based power generation, stabilise Nepal’s electricity supply system, and reduce transmission losses.
Under the freshly signed deal, PECC1 will update and assess hydrometeorological conditions; and perform technical design and construction drawing for a series of items, including a 140m concrete dam, the highest of its kind in Nepal to date, and a spillway to discharge flood water.
Speaking at the ceremony, PECC1 General Director Nguyễn Hữu Chỉnh said the event marks a milestone in the sides' cooperation, pledging its best human resources serving the project. — VNS
- Viet Nam to create mechanisms to attract smart grid investment
- Việt Nam to create mechanisms to attract smart grid investment
- Việt Nam fosters a start-up ecosystem in the region: executives
- Solar power prices to be set via auction
- Vietnam's power consumption demand estimated to rise nearly 10% in 2019
- Deputy PM praises Irish company’s investment in wind power
- Russian company considers investing in thermal power in Ninh Thuan
- Deputy PM lauds Irish company’s investment in wind power
- 12 billion-dong loss-making projects looking at brighter prospects
- Work commences on Quang Tri 1 thermal power plant
- Nepali prime minister inaugurates China funded hydro project in Nepal
- NASA picks SpaceX, Blue Origin and more for private moon lander project
- Awards for green architecture
- Đồng Nai to cooperate with RoK on energy industry
- Vietnamese firm doesn’t need to compensate Chinese contractor: court
- Uni-Bio Science Group Limited Announces 2019 Interim Results
- 2019 World Sensors Summit Successfully Concluded, and Zhengzhou Became the "Focus" of the Sensor Industry
- VN-RoK trade relations flourish
- Site clearance on Dau Giay-Phan Thiet expressway being facilitated
- Hoang Kim Land’s director arrested for alleged property scams
Việt Nam’s power company seals contract for hydropower project in Nepal have 354 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.