HÀ NỘI — Prime Minister Phạm Minh Chính held talks on the phone with Chancellor of Austria Sebastian Kurz late Thursday, during which he affirmed that Việt Nam hopes to further deepen the close and trustful ties with Austria in all fields.
The Austrian Chancellor said that Việt Nam is a trustworthy and important partner of Austria in Southeast Asia, and underlined the great potential for the development of the Việt Nam-Austria partnership.
Both sides agreed to resume the exchange of delegations and high-level meetings soon, while reinforcing cooperation mechanisms, including the Việt Nam-Austria Joint Committee on economic and investment cooperation, heading to the celebration of the 50th anniversary of bilateral diplomatic ties in 2022.
Regarding collaboration in economy, trade and investment, PM Chính proposed that the Austrian Government create favourable conditions for Vietnamese aquatic products to enter the Austrian market, soon approve the Việt Nam-EU Investment Protection Agreement (EVIPA), and urge the European Commission to remove the yellow card on Việt Nam's fisheries sector.
The Austrian Chancellor said that his country was willing to support Việt Nam in strengthening the partnership with the EU and work for the removal of the yellow card.
Over collaboration in the COVID-19 fight, the Vietnamese PM suggested that Austria transfer its surplus vaccines to Việt Nam and cooperate in transferring production technologies for COVID-19 vaccine and treatment drugs. PM Chính also expressed hope that Austria would urge the COVAX Facility to speed up the allocation of vaccines to Việt Nam in the future.
The two leaders also discussed the South China Sea (called East Sea in Việt Nam) issue, highlighting that maintaining maritime and aviation freedom and security and peace in the South China Sea is the common interest of the international community. They affirmed support of the settlement of disputes through peaceful methods in line with international law, including the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
PM Chính invited Chancellor Sebastian Kurz to visit Việt Nam in 2022 on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of bilateral diplomatic relations. The Austrian Chancellor accepted the invitation with pleasure. — VNS
- ASEAN ministers adopt digital masterplan to boost trade, aid COVID-19 recovery
- EVFTA – impetus for intensifying Việt Nam-Germany trade ties
- Event marks 71st anniversary of Viet Nam-China diplomatic ties
- GENE Life Was Officially Established, With The Dedication To Provide Anti-pandemic Supplies, Including COVID-19 Test Kits
- Health ministry updates protocols for priority COVID-19 testing
- Allianz Risk Barometer 2021: Covid-19 trio tops global and Asia Pacific business risks
- Smallholder farmers to get help from Bayer in twin fight against saltwater-drought, COVID-19
- 20 volunteers get second shot of homegrown COVID-19 vaccine
- Five volunteers receive highest doses of VN-made COVID-19 vaccine
- EVFTA – impetus for intensifying Viet Nam-Germany trade ties
- COVID-19 pandemic far from over, bur winter cannot stop arrival of spring: Xi Jinping
- Thai investment in Viet Nam increases
- Coffee exports, consumption drop due to COVID-19
- Vietnam-Laos relations even more special amid COVID-19: Ambassador
- PM orders consideration of proposal to launch Covid-19 travel insurance
- Viet Nam maintains stable exports to Israel in 2020
- COVID-19 could shake up realty rent market in Vietnam
- Travel firm proposes permission for Covid-19 travel insurance
- Vietnam records 10 new imported Covid-19 patients on Thursday
- If Kim Jong Un destroyed North Korea's economy to keep Covid-19 out, will sanctions stop him from pursuing nuclear weapons?
Việt Nam wants to deepen trade ties, COVID-19 cooperation with Austria: PM have 574 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.