Spokeswoman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Lê Thị Thu Hằng at the press briefing on Thursday. Photo courtesy of the ministry
HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam has refuted Freedom House's report saying that the country has no Internet freedom.
Answering question from a local reporter during a press briefing on Thursday, spokeswoman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Lê Thị Thu Hằng said: "This is not the first time that Freedom House has given unobjective assessment on Việt Nam based on incorrect information and prejudice about the country."
"The efforts to promote and ensure human rights in Việt Nam have been highly regarded by countries and international organisations in the universal periodic review by the Human Rights Council of the National Nations through various periods," she said.
"The report of the Freedom House is invalid and I don't feel the need to further comment on this," the spokeswoman said. — VNS
- EVFTA must bring benefits to people: INTA chief
- PM Phuc holds talks with Russian counterpart
- Vietnamese, Norwegian PMs hold talks
- EVFTA must bring benefits to people: Bernd Lange
- VN central bank urges customer info security
- Inside The OEs – 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
- Readers’ Rides Extravaganza!
- Sports Long jumper beats footballer to be Vietnamese ‘athlete of the year’ Look out, 2019!
- Sports Long jumper beats footballer to be Vietnamese ‘athlete of the year’ 2018 – the year that was in Tuoi Tre photos
- Sports Long jumper beats footballer to be Vietnamese ‘athlete of the year’ First tropical storm of 2019 threatens southern Vietnam
- Sports Long jumper beats footballer to be Vietnamese ‘athlete of the year’ Admiring majestic Bach Ma Range in central Vietnam
- Sports Long jumper beats footballer to be Vietnamese ‘athlete of the year’ Simplicity of life in Vietnam
- PM Phuc demands review of electricity price increase
- FCC Kills Net Neutrality: What It Means for Business
- Car Craft’s Giant EFI Test
- 50 Big Ideas, Predictions and Trends for Small Business in 2015
- Tesla’s Autopilot allegedly involved in two US crashes
- NBA won't ask Enes Kanter to tone down criticism of Turkish government
- Patriots fans are the worst. I should know, I am one
- Best Business Phone Systems 2017
Việt Nam refutes “unobjective” claim about Internet freedom have 354 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.