- Silent hero behind the wheel takes hundreds of COVID patients to medical facilities
- 88 per cent of Vietnamese households negatively affected by COVID-19
- HCM City businesses eager to resume, but regulation, worker availability worries linger
- 8,537 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Việt Nam on Friday
- Việt Nam successfully produces Sputnik V vaccine
HÀ NỘI – The seventh online meeting of the ASEAN Coordinating Council Working Group on Public Health Emergencies (ACCWG-PHE) was held on Monday.
Deputy Foreign Minister Nguyễn Quốc Dũng, head of the ASEAN SOM Việt Nam, led a Vietnamese delegation to the event.
Dũng hailed the progress of implementing ASEAN initiatives on coping with COVID-19 and suggested the bloc step up vaccine purchase for its member states and encourage the sharing of vaccines on a voluntary basis to help countries in demand.
He also proposed regional states make further contributions to the ASEAN COVID-19 response fund and ASEAN reserve of medical supplies.
Việt Nam is completing internal procedures to announce a list of contributions to the regional reserve of medical supplies and working actively with member states to soon put the ASEAN Centre for Public Health Emergencies and Emerging Diseases (ACPHEED) into effective operation, he said.
Speaking highly of achievements in the implementation of the ASEAN Comprehensive Recovery Framework, he suggested to continue focusing on promoting economic recovery and mitigating the negative impacts of the pandemic on residents in the region.
Participants agreed that ASEAN will evenly distribute about 100,000 – 250,000 doses of vaccine to each nation depending on types of vaccine, striving to deliver the first batch of vaccine in the fourth quarter this year and continue in the first quarter of 2022.
They also recommended ASEAN leaders adopt the ASEAN Travel Corridor Arrangement Framework (ATCAF) and continue discussing the possibility of adopting "vaccine passport". —VNS
- GA Coronavirus: Kemp Extends Public Health Emergency Through May
- WHO declares Ebola outbreak in Congo a global health emergency
- SF to host largest gathering of public health officials in October despite coronavirus
- Trump can't stop putting his top public health officials in tough spots
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN's Mastermind COVID-19 Special: Question - What is the point of Public Health England? Answer - pass
- A lot will need to change after Covid-19… starting with Public Health England
- Reopening could require thousands more public health workers
- Public health expert wants coronavirus hygiene measures to remain beyond pandemic
- ASEAN member states remain united amid health emergency
- Faced with a pandemic, good public health requires stronger democracy
- Public health experts warn of 'perfect storm' for new virus infections as Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama and Mississippi work together to ease lockdown measures to reopen the economy
- Coronavirus: Dominic Cummings attended meetings of scientific advisory group
- Coronavirus: Dominic Cummings attended meetings of key scientific group
- Kid Rock CLOSES his Nashville bar 'to help protect the public health' amid COVID-19 outbreak after initially resisting
- Experts: Pyongyang’s Anti-Virus Measures Put Stability Over Public Health
- COVID-19 public health orders should not target asylum seekers
- AIDS: A 'Winnable' Public Health Battle?
- G20 Health Ministers Meeting: Việt Nam deploys war-like symbolism in fighting COVID-19
- Việt Nam reports no new cases of COVID-19 as social distancing to ease in Hà Nội
- No new COVID-19 cases for 5.5 days straight, WHO official commends Việt Nam's response
Việt Nam attends meeting of ACC working group on public health emergencies have 547 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.