Hanoi (VNA) – Vice President Vo Thi Anh Xuan on September 16 visited and presented gifts to child patients at the National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion (NIHBT) on the threshold of the 2021 Mid-Autumn Festival .
The annual festival is considered a traditional occasion exclusively for children.
Xuan expressed her hope that the children will continue to overcome their diseases and soon return to normal life.
The Vice President spoke highly of efforts made by medical workers at the NIHBT who are striving to contain the spread of COVID-19 and at the same time taking care of regular patients.
She voiced a hope that in the coming time, the institute will introduce more research studies and strategic activities to enhance position of Vietnam's medical sector at the regional and international arenas, and provide better health care services, especially for the vulnerable like children.
Head of the NIHBT Dr. Bach Quoc Khanh said that the institute takes care of about 1,200 patients each day, of them 25 percent are children.
Of over 250 children currently receiving inpatient care, over 65 percent are from rural areas and nearly 40 percent from disadvantaged and near-poor families, he added.
In addition to providing treatment, the NIHBT has joined hands with organisations and individuals to arrange online courses and other programmes supporting the child patients and their families./.
- US Border Patrol Council Chief Reveals Why Kamala Harris 'Avoids' Visiting Migrant-Hit South
- Actively donate plasma for COVID-19 patients: Kejriwal appeals to those cured
- Farewell to President Tran Dai Quang - a dedicated and responsible leader
- Top Democrat calling for expansion of child care support
- American Rescue Plan: Ending child poverty — let's make it permanent
- Climate partnership to be 'core pillar' of US-India cooperation: US President Joe Biden
- Why Indonesia's 'democracy festival' is sparking super spreader fears
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath urges all to 'adopt' one TB patient each
- High malnutrition persists despite surplus food; behavioural change needed: Niti Aayog Vice Chairman
- Congressional Black Caucus members post selfie celebrating first WH visit in four years
- Gov. John Bel Edwards will announce new COVID rules Tuesday. President Biden urges caution.
- BAFTA 2021 Film Awards: Renée Zellweger turns heads in a sculpted pewter coloured dress as she poses ahead of the ceremony in LA
- What's on this October 2020 in Singapore
- Kamala Harris applauds Vivek Murthy for working on COVID-19
- BeiGene hosts awareness event on neuroblastoma
- Kon Tum charity group helps disadvantaged children stay in school
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 8
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 16
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 25
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 11
Vice President visits child patients ahead of Mid-Autumn Festival have 427 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.