As part of the national intangible cultural heritage, the Tu Linh boat racing festival in Ly Son Island District in the central province of Quang Ngai is organised annually to pay tribute to national ancestors.
|The Tu Linh boat racing festival in Ly Son island district. (Photo: daolyson.info)|
The tribute is also paid to soldiers who fought for the country's sovereignty over the Hoang Sa (Paracel) and Truong Sa (Spratly) archipelagos.
|Racing teams in the festival. (Photo: daolyson.info)|
The festival is called Tu Linh because the racing boats are decorated with symbolic shapes of the quartet of mythological creatures in Vietnam's traditions and beliefs, which are dragon, qilin, tortoise, and phoenix.
Traditionally, there are eight boats participating in the event.
- 16 festivals to check out in September
- Pacu Jalur Festival showcases Riau’s rich culture and beauty
- Variety of activities in Cultural village to celebrate National Day
- Tuyen Quang province to host Thanh Tuyen Festival in September
- 15 festivals to check out in October
- Wild Rice's Singapore Theatre Festival returns with hard-hitting topics and 500 free tickets
- 18 for ’18: the talent and trends tipped for the top in 2018
- The 20 best places to live in the South — the region that’s still the best place to live in America
- The 23 best road trip movies of all time that are perfect to watch during the summer
- Cai Rang floating market in pictures
- Garden of earthly delights
- New sea burial facility to be built in Tanah Merah
- Summer Fun Activity Guide: Westwood, Century City & Nearby 2018
- An elephantine task
- East Sicily: what to see plus the best bars, beaches, restaurants and hotels
- Week of Anantara fun helps our elephants
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 31
- From sea to stone age
- A guide to Ha Long Bay: Nine must-visit places
- Go out and make your life better these weeks in Hanoi
Tu Linh boat racing festival in Ly Son features national ritual, culture have 297 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.