At the event (Photo: SGGP)
According to the Military Hospital 175, 80 percent of Covid-19 patients are mild or asymptomatic. The number of new cases has increased, leading to an overload in treatment while there is too much coronavirus-related information. Therefore, consultancy for Covid-19 treatment at home has become a necessity for people.
The switchboard will give advice on the treatment of Covid-19, common diseases, chronic diseases, and administrative-related issues. The consultant will speak in Vietnamese and English.
Regarding counseling on Covid-19, if a patient has mild or moderate illness and does not need to be hospitalised, the consultant can advise the patient on how to treat at home. If the patient is seriously ill and needs to be hospitalised, the consultant will provide an emergency hotline for him/her.
Speaking at the launching ceremony, Senior Lieutenant General Vo Minh Luong, Deputy Minister of National Defence and head of the government’s special working group on Covid-19 prevention and control in HCMC and southern localities, praised the proactive and creative spirit of the Military Hospital 175 in establishing the multi-channel switchboard.
He emphasised that it is necessary and in line with current practical needs, adding that the hospital is the first unit of the army to do so.
The switchboard does not only support residents in HCMC, but also help those in neighbouring provinces, even the people of the whole country in seeking advice on prevention, control and treatment of Covid-19. The hospital’s creativity will help the government and people of HCMC to soon control and defeat the Covid-19 pandemic, he said.
- Glenmark initiates Phase 3 clinical trials on Favipiravir to check efficacy on COVID-19 patients
- Vietnam considers lung transplant for British Covid-19 patient
- Remdesivir gets US emergency approval for treating Covid-19 patients: Know all about the antiviral drug
- British COVID-19 patient has 90% of lungs damaged, transplant required
- Vietnam decides on lung transplant for British Covid-19 patient
- British COVID-19 patient’s health improves
- Vietnam considers lung transplant as ‘last resort’ for critical British COVID-19 patient
- Covid-19 patient returns from the dead in Hanoi
- Pregnant COVID-19 patient delivers baby boy in Lagos
- Two Sikh doctors shaved their beards, a pillar of their religion, to treat Covid-19 patients. But community groups say there are alternatives
- 3rd COVID-19 patient puts to bed at LUTH
- Silent hypoxia: Covid-19 patients who should be gasping for air but aren't
- HCMC hospital discharges three more Covid-19 patients
- Doctor who treated first US COVID-19 patient warns of second wave ‘as big as the first' as states ease lockdown and fears US does not have resources to handle it
- 11 more COVID-19 patients go on to enjoy full recovery
- Vietnam sees more recovered Covid-19 patients
- Eight further COVID-19 patients go on to make full recovery
- Pakistan's first Covid-19 patient recovers with plasma therapy
- Lagos discharges 502 COVID-19 patients
- HCMC discharges three Brazilian relapsed Covid-19 patients
Switchboard launched to support Covid-19 patients have 455 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at September 11, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.