In Quang Nam Province, the local authorities mobilized its forces and people in coastal districts of Dien Ban, Thang Binh, Nui Thanh and Hoi An City to promptly reinforce houses, the anchoring place for vessels and built storm drains. Since this morning, vast areas in the province have laid under floodwater.
Quang Nam Province also urged its localities to evacuate thousands of people living in landslide-prone areas to safe places in advance September 11, and recommended residents to reserve foodstuffs and essential goods for a week.
Similar to Quang Nam Province, the coastal areas of Quang Ngai Province saw thundery downpours, notably the island district of Ly Son. Earlier, the locality had already evacuated more than 100 households to safer places.
Meantime, Thua Thien- Hue Province prepared the evacuation plan for 67,674 people. The Provincial Department of Industry and Trade also planned to reserve 100 tons of instant noodles and 100 tons of rice for the worse situation ahead.
According to the Thua Thien- Hue Province Steering Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control, Search and Rescue, heavy rainfall has triggered devastating floods and landslides to Se Pu sluice system in Huong Lap Commune, Huong Hoa District, making traffic congestion.
The bad weather condition forced A Luoi Hydropower Plant to discharge water up to 2,000 cubic meters per second, A Lin B1 Hydropower Plant to release water at 800 cubic meters per second from last night, ensuring the safety of works under construction and the downstream areas. The thundery downpours have blown up 29 house roofs in Phong Dien and Quang Dien districts.
By staff writers- Translated by Huyen Huong
- Subway strike suspended in Sao Paulo, but Rio de Janeiro under threat
- Jets-Bills game to be played on Monday night in Detroit
- Hurricane Michael rips apart Florida towns, 7 dead
- Longtime Saints recall the team’s role in Katrina recovery
- NY-NJ area ready for ‘mass transit’ Super Bowl
- FOX Sports Wisconsin Fan Cave Giveaway Sweepstakes Rules
- Win It All Sweepstakes Rules
- Coors Light Refresherator Sweepstakes Official Rules
- 7 charged in high school football hazing case
- Seven charged in NJ high school football hazing case
- The Latest: Paris man writes letter to his wife’s killers
- The Latest: Belgian minister can’t confirm main suspect died
- The Latest: Russia circulates UN resolution draft on IS
- The Latest: Interior Ministry condemns inter-faith violence
- The Latest: UN resolutions to address Islamic State
- The Latest: Video of restaurant shooting posted online
- The Latest: French authorities search for Citroen car
- The Latest: French police arrest 25 more people overnight
- The Latest: Slovakia to tighten anti-terror laws after Paris
- The Latest: Vatican increases security after Paris attacks
Storm-triggered flooding disrupts traffic in Central region have 520 words, post on m.sggpnews.org.vn at September 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.