At 1 p.m. Saturday, the storm was around 140 kilometers to the east of the shores of Quang Tri-Quang Ngai, with a maximum wind speed of 90 kph, according to the National Center for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting.
Within the next 12 hours, the storm would move west at 5-10 kph. At 1 a.m. Sunday, it would be directly above the waters along the coast from Quang Tri to Quang Ngai, with a maximum wind speed of 75 kph.
Within the next 24 hours, the storm would maintain its direction and movement speed, making landfall in central Vietnam before devolving into a tropical depression. At 1 p.m. Sunday, the storm would be above regions from Thua Thien-Hue to Quang Ngai, with a maximum wind speed of 60 kph.
Within the next 48 hours, the tropical depression would move west-northwest at 5-10 kph and devolve into a low-pressure area. At 1 p.m. Monday, it would be above Laos, with a maximum wind speed under 40 kph.
Strong winds and rough seas should be expected in regions from Quang Tri to Quang Ngai. Until Monday, localities from Quang Tri to Quang Ngai would experience heavy rains of up to 350 millimeters per session.
From Sunday to Tuesday, localities from Quang Binh to Thanh Hoa would experience heavy rains of up to 200 millimeters per session. Until Sunday, Binh Dinh, Kon Tum and Gia Lai provinces would experience rains of up to 100 millimeters a day.
After Conson, the fifth storm to appear in South China Sea this year, which Vietnam calls East Sea, there should be another six to eight storms and tropical depressions this year, with two to four directly affecting Vietnam, meteorologists warned.
- T-Mobile enables free calling and texting to and from Mexico as Hurricane Patricia makes landfall
- T-Mobile is allowing those in Hurricane Harvey's way to make free calls and texts
- We're bad at tracking deadly storms, but New York has a new way to see them coming
- It's Hurricane Season: Do you know where your storm is?
- Forecast: 14 named storms this hurricane season
- Robotic Storm Tracker Gets a Big Test with Earl
- Tropical Storm Isaac: Google launches special map with latest info
- Modeling Toward Accurate Storm Forecasting
- NASA spots Tropical Storm Damrey headed west in South China Sea
- Park service closing access to Yosemite Valley as storm approaches
- Today's Solar Storm Expected to be the Worst Since 2005
- Comments for : New video compares Storm 2 to original; AT&T and Verizon to offer the unit in the U.S.
- NASA finds new Tropical Storm Selma has heavy rain-making potential
- More than 12 years after Hurricane Katrina, scientists are learning what makes some survivors more resilient than others
- Bay Area storm could set records, but not for the reason you'd think
- Fierce spring storm to bring thunder, hail, funnel clouds, even snow to the Sierra
- UPDATED:Verizon to offer official BlackBerry Storm 9530 OS upgrade this Sunday?
- Late-season winter storm plays havoc with MLB on Sunday
- Comments for : UPDATED:Verizon to offer official BlackBerry Storm 9530 OS upgrade this Sunday?
- Texans' Nick Martin making progress after ankle surgery
Storm Conson to make landfall Sunday have 488 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 11, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.