A set of postage stamps to celebrate the 100th birth anniversary of Giap Van Cuong (1921-1990) – the first admiral of the Vietnam Navy – known as the “General of Truong Sa (Spratly)", has been issued by the Ministry of Information and Communications.
The VND4,000 stamp is designed by painter Nguyen Du of Vietnam Post Corporation. From September 13 to June 30, 2023, more than 216,000 stamps of Admiral Giap Van Cuong will be available on the public postal network.
On a stamp frame of 43 x 32 mm, using a graphic style, artist Nguyen Du portrays the general associated with the sea, islands, the DK1 rigs and the First-class Independence Medal.
Admiral Giap Van Cuong was born on September 13, 1921 in Bao Dai commune, Luc Nam district, Bac Giang province. He participated in two resistance wars against the French and the Americans. In 1974, he was promoted to Major General, Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the Vietnam People’s Army. In 1977, he was appointed Commander of the Vietnam People’s Navy. In 1988, he was named the first Admiral of the Vietnam Navy.
Referring to Giap Van Cuong, people not only talk about the first Admiral of the Vietnam Navy but also “the vision of Giap Van Cuong”, “the will of Giap Van Cuong”. His name and career stand out as a Commander in Operation CQ-88 to defend Vietnam's sovereignty in the Truong Sa Archipelago (Spratly Islands) in 1988, a courageous commander of the Vietnam People’s Navy in the defense of Truong Sa and the one who gave birth to DK1 rigs to protect Vietnam's southern continental shelf.
With great contributions to the cause of national defense, Admiral Giap Van Cuong was awarded the first-class Independence Medal by the State, two first-class Military Merit Medals, and the title of Hero of the Armed Forces (May 7, 2010).
The Ministry of Information and Communications has issued many stamp sets honoring typical Vietnamese People’s Army generals, such as Tran Dai Nghia and Nguyen Chi Thanh in 2013, Le Trong Tan in 2014, Hoang Van Thai in 2015, and Van Tien Dung and Vo Nguyen Giap in 2017.
A stamp commemorating the 100th birthday of late composer Luu Huu Phuoc.
Stamps commemorating the 100th birthday of late composer Luu Huu Phuoc (1921-1989) have also been released on the postal network.
The stamp was designed by artist To Minh Trang and Pham Trung Ha from Vietnam Post Corporation. Its content was provided under the agreement of the late composer's family.
Phuoc, who was born in the southern province of Can Tho in 1921, was considered as one of the greatest talents and the representative of the southern music style in the early days of Vietnamese modern music.
As one of the biggest names of the Vietnamese revolutionary music, he was also one of the pioneers with successful compositions in the marching genre that was derived from western music.
The Ministry of Information and Communications issued several stamp sets to commemorate and honour other famous composers worldwide like those celebrating the 250th birth anniversary of W.A. Mozart (1756-1791) and those celebrating the 200th birth anniversary of Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849).
- 'Don't tear the pants out of it!' Government adviser Prof Van-Tam warns public not to abuse liberties and risk pushing R rate above 1 when lockdown is eased and says 'we're at a very dangerous moment' after huge crowds swarm beaches in 82F temperatures
- Ethnic soldiers proudly serve on Son Ca Island
- Vietnam raises voice over US letter to UN regarding East Sea
- Social responsibility-an integral cultural goodness of MB, says MB Deputy CEO
- Vietnam opposes China's illegal activities in East Sea
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 4
- Bay Area hospitalizations on the rise: ‘The surge plan is simmering’
- Italy's Cassandra: the scientist who challenged WHO guidelines
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 3
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 5
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 30
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 30
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 2
- Textile, garment exports shrink from XL size
- Advanced tactics required to keep Ho Chi Minh City afloat
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 27
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 28
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 6
- Seafood companies hope to sell more at home as pandemic hits exports
- NA deputies pass new amendments to Vietnam's natural disaster, dike, construction laws
Stamps of “General of Truong Sa” Giap Van Cuong issued have 699 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.