|South Korea will donate more than 1 million COVID-19 vaccines to Vietnam in October|
The commitment was made at President Moon Jae-in’s summit with Vietnamese President Nguyen Xuan Phuc on the framework of the United Nations General Assembly, as reported by Korea Herald.
According to Park Kyung-mee, spokesperson of the South Korean Blue House, this was the country’s first direct commitment of COVID-19 vaccine donation to a foreign country. The decision was made as South Korea and Vietnam had collaborated from the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak by sharing resources.
Since upgrading ties to a strategic cooperative relationship in 2009, the two countries have deepened cooperation in numerous fields, according to Moon and Phuc. Moon expected bilateral trade to reach $100 billion by 2023.
A large number of Korean companies in the biopharmaceutical, infrastructure, and banking sectors have been seeking development in the Vietnamese market, which Moon believes requires sustained attention and support from the two nations.
Both leaders also committed to strengthening bilateral relations in anticipation of the 30th anniversary of diplomatic relations next year.
Indeed, Korean groups including the likes of Samsung, LG, CJ, and SK Group have contributed millions of dollars to Vietnam's COVID-19 vaccine fund with a view to helping the country fight against the pandemic.
By Ngoc Khue
- Vietnam lose to Qatar in friendly U19 event
- AFC U-19 Cup
- 2018 AFC U-19 Championships: Socceroos hold Jordan to a draw to enter the knock-out stages
- Son and co face Vietnam and 'Korean Hiddink' at Asian Games
- Daimler opens new regional centre for CVs in South East Asia
- Tottenham star Son Heung-min is trying to play his way out of Korea’s mandatory military service
- Bode Miller's 19-month-old daughter drowns
- Olympic skier Bode Miller's 19-month-old daughter dies after drowning in pool
- This Is Us recap – Vietnam: The moments that made us cry
- 2018 NFL schedule rankings, AFC South: Colts face rough ride, Texans have it easiest
- College basketball rankings 2018-19: Where every team ranks in each state, from top to bottom
- Chelsea 'Desperate' to Beat Liverpool to Alisson, Will Reportedly Meet with Roma
- Asian Games: Something for everybody _ even contract bridge
- Steel Strips Wheels targets heavy gains in alloy wheels
- World Cup 2018 groups: guide to the teams and latest analysis
- World Cup 2018 groups: team guide, latest news and analysis
- World Cup 2018 groups: First stage team guide and latest analysis
- Which country has the most expensive squad at World Cup 2018?
- News watch November 2010: today's auto industry news
- Still forgiving: Without Rae Carruth, Saundra Adams wouldn’t have ‘miracle’ grandson
South Korea to send over one million COVID-19 vaccine doses to Vietnam in October have 403 words, post on vir.com.vn at September 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.