HCM CITY — Singer Y Jang Tuyn, 42 years old, famous vocalist from the Bana ethnic group passed away this morning after a month of COVID-19 treatment.
The singer’s nephew Thảo An shared, the family is waiting for the cremation procedure to receive his ashes.
Tuyn had a history of high blood pressure, treated COVID-19 at the field hospital No 13 in mid-August, then transferred to Chợ Rẫy hospital on September. In the first two weeks, he was in good health, can communicate with people via text messages. However, the situation worsened, he had to breathe with an ECMO machine.
Before testing positive for COVID-19, the male singer celebrated his birthday through a livestream. Y Jang Tuyn sang for the fans for three hours straight and encouraged everyone to be optimistic and love each other to overcome the difficulties of the epidemic.
Y Jang Tuyn was born in 1979. He represents the class of modern Central Highlands singers who want to break through the familiar path by choosing diverse music genres.
In 2016, he released the album One Week Seven Days , which includes songs of various genres such as pop ballad, dance, funky and latin.
The Central Highlands singer won the third prize of Sao Mai contest in 2001, the third prize of Television Singing contest in 2003. He is a member of the Việt Nam Musicians Association, Việt Nam Journalists' Association, Hồ Chí Minh City Music Association, and is currently a music editor of The Voice of Hồ Chí Minh City People.
He released many albums such as Nẻo quê (2005), Thirsty (2006), Nostalgia for the Plateau (2013), We Marines (2013), Hoan ca mùa xuân (2015), Homeland paintings (2015).
Previously, many Vietnamese artists also died of COVID-19 and left endless grief for audiences across the country such as Cải Lương artist Bạch Mai, singer Lệ Thu, painter Lê Thánh Thư, Rocker Trung Thành Sago, Cải Lương artist Kim Phượng, singer Phi Hải, Meritorious Artist Khải Hoàn. — VNS
- The woman who was Whitney Houston's greatest love of all: The rumours had always swirled. Now a bombshell book by the singer's long-time companion claims she really WAS
- Who Was the French Elvis? Rock Singer Johnny Hallyday Dead at 74
- Flight MH370: 19 conspiracy theories from Malaysia Airlines plane's disappearance
- George Michael's collection of 200 artworks - including £1.5m Damien Hirst painting and Michael Craig-Martin's portrait of late singer - is set to raise millions for charity at auction
- Inside the Private Pain Plaguing K-Pop
- Celebrate Leo Season With These Korean Celebrities!
- Celebrity deaths in 2018: Famous faces lost this year from June Whitfield and Paddy Ashdown to George H.W. Bush
- 'My first real love ended in tragedy': How George Michael's romantic life 'was tormented from the start'
- Manchester Arena bombing victims – the 22 people killed in the terrorist attack at the Ariana Grande concert
- 'America's Virgin' Doris Day lived a VERY different life to her on-screen persona, marrying four times, surviving a violent husband and the death of her only son
- Prince Harry and Meghan to miss Christmas with the queen
- Cyclone 'Bulbul': Centre not providing funds that are due to Bengal, says Mamata Banerjee
- NCP will back Shiv Sena CM, says party leader Nawab Malik
- Jakob Dylan, Stephen Stills and More Gather to Celebrate Laurel Canyon’s ‘Echo’
- Rihanna, Billie Eilish, and More Albums We Can’t Wait to Hear This Spring
- Jesse Malin and Lucinda Williams Celebrate Hard-Fought Survival on ‘Sunset Kids’
- EXCLUSIVE: Larry King's wife Shawn, 59, weeps as she admits she was 'blindsided' when she learned about divorce in a phone call, reveals the 85-year-old's alarming leukemia diagnosis and shows telltale headboard to prove they didn't sleep in separate beds
- Kiss Forever: 40 Years of Feuds and Fury
- Shabana Azmi: There is need for freedom of expression in our country
- Aretha Franklin Fast Facts
Singer Y Jang Tuyn dies of COVID-19 have 634 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.