Singer Phi Nhung, 51, passed away today after more than a month of COVID-19 treatment at Cho Ray Hospital, HCM City.
Singer Phi Nhung is loved by audiences for her Vietnamese Bolero songs. — Photo baotintuc.vn
According to the singer’s representative, despite being treated with all kinds of techniques, including ECMO intervention, her condition deteriorated.
Previously, in July, Nhung postponed her plan to return to the US to reunite with her daughter because she wanted to continue to stay in HCM City to do volunteer work during the outbreak.
Phi Nhung, whose full name is Pham Phi Nhung, was a Vietnamese-American singer famous for her talent in Vietnamese bolero, folk, and country music.
She was born on April 10, 1972, in Gia Lai Province, located in Vietnam's Central Highlands region, to a Vietnamese mother and an American serviceman father before emigrating to the United States in 1989.
In 2005, Phi Nhung returned to Vietnam to pursue her Vietnamese bolero career.
The famous singer adopted many orphans, including sponsoring the winner of The Voice Kids 2016 – Ho Van Cuong to study until the age of 18.
Phi Nhung was loved by audiences for lyrical folk songs such as Dien Dien Flower, In love with a Ben Tre Girl.
In her artistic career, the vocalist was considered a “stage lover” with singer Manh Quynh, with the two often performed great duets on stage.
She also acted as a judge for music competitions such as Solo with bolero, Listen to me sing…
With her efforts, the female singer gradually conquered fans with her sweet, deep voice.
- 'You have to be robotic with it': New York nurse admits dying COVID-19 patients become 'just another number' - as she reveals fears about having to wear the same face mask for a week
- Brother of US Senator Warren Dies of COVID-19
- Pakistan Province Suspects COVID-19 in Spike in Bodies Brought to Hospital
- Study Suggests COVID-19 Treatment Trump Touted Is Not a Cure
- Trump Says Disinfectant Suggestion for COVID-19 Was 'Sarcastic'
- Trump's Suggestion to Use Disinfectants for COVID-19 Alarms Experts
- Research Finds Traces Of COVID-19 In Raw Sewage
- Australia Demands Transparency from China in Proposed Global COVID-19 Review
- Australia Slaps Heavy Fines on People Spitting on Workers During COVID-19 Crisis
- UN Food Chief: World Faces 2 Pandemics - COVID-19 and Hunger
- New York to Launch Massive COVID-19 Tracing Program
- Orange County Leaders Report Second COVID-19 Outbreak At Local Nursing Facility
- Zimbabwe Disregards WHO COVID-19 Quarantine Guidelines
- Malawi Police Clash With Prison Guards Demanding COVID-19 Protection Equipment
- Lady Gaga, Stevie Wonder Offer Hope at Event Fighting COVID-19
- Holocaust survivor, 90, dies from COVID-19, 75 years after she was liberated from Bergen-Belsen concentration camp
- Bengal to ramp up testing; people with no Covid-19 symptoms to be screened
- Mamata Banerjee govt plans ramping up Covid-19 testing
- This Morning's Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield pay tribute to a recent guest who died following COVID-19 diagnosis... weeks after he delighted viewers with his dance moves
- Armed with Sunflower Tea and Ginger Root, Haitian Mountain People Ready to Treat COVID-19 Symptoms
Singer Phi Nhung dies of COVID-19 have 486 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.