Singapore (VNA): Singapore reported 1,939 new COVID-19 cases on September 26, a daily record since the start of the pandemic and marking the sixth consecutive day new infections have exceeded the 1,000 mark.
Of the new cases, 417 were people above the age of 60.
There were also five imported cases, said the Ministry of Health (MOH) in an update released to the media at about 11pm.
The same day, the country also recorded two more fatalities, taking the national death toll to 78. There have been 23 deaths in September so far, a new monthly record.
The number of deaths tended to increase when Singapore opened on August 10, with a total of 23 cases in September, compared with 18 cases in August. Singapore has mobilized additional personnel from the Singapore Air Force (SAF) and the People’s Association (PA) to support patients receiving treatment at home.
From September 27, Singapore began to tighten social distancing measures, reducing the number of people allowed to gather from 5 people to 2 people. Working at home is required for jobs that can work remotely, and elementary schools begin to implement a 2-week online learning. However, Singapore authorities recommend that elderly people should not attend gatherings, such as religious activities because this group is still considered vulnerable despite being fully vaccinated.
Singapore has now reached the vaccination rate for 82 percent of the population. Singapore officials forecast the number of new infections could reach over 3,000 cases a day by early October./.
- Australia on fire: Record for our hottest day ever could fall for a THIRD consecutive day as relentless heatwave and 100km/h winds fuel deadly bushfire crisis - and even the roads are melting
- Fiji records 23 confirmed cases of measles, with 94 pct get vaccinated
- The Hill's 12:30 Report — Presented by UANI — Dramatic day as House heads toward impeachment vote
- Victorian heatwave sees record for hottest December day broken as temperatures soar
- Australia's national heat record broken for second day in a row, wildfire emergency declared
- NSCDC records 587 criminal cases in Q3 in Jigawa
- Special Report: Why big business can count on courts to keep its deadly secrets
- Special Report: How murder, kidnappings and miscalculation set off Hong Kong’s revolt
- Canberra records highest December temperature as mercury soars to 39.3C
- Vatican Tribunal now Overwhelmed by Clergy Sex Abuse Cases
- Vatican saw a 'tsunami of sex abuse complaints' reported this year, with a record 1,000 allegations around the world
- Washington Post editor defends reporters from Trump's 'dangerous' attacks
- Disha case: second post-mortem on four accused held
- Australia sets a record for its hottest ever day for second day in a row as Tuesday's 105.5F is followed by 107.4F on Wednesday
- Millions Hit The Road, Take To The Skies For Memorial Day Weekend
- DNA Match Solves 1982 Cold Case Slaying Of Fremont Teenage Cousins
- For stocks, June was a month of records
- Australia braces for another hot day
- Mitch McConnell sparks Democratic fury as he says 'case closed' on Mueller and calls for end to 'groundhog day' - prompting Elizabeth Warren to read the report on the Senate floor
- Unnao rape case: Expelled BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar sentenced to life imprisonment
Singapore reports record COVID-19 cases in a day have 499 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.