|Seoul is building a base for South korean startups in Ho Chi Minh City|
Specifically, the Seoul Metropolitan Government (SMG) has set up Seoul Startup Hub Ho Chi Minh. The hub aims to fuel the enthusiasm of Korean entrepreneurs who want to start a business in Vietnam. It will become the first case of building an overseas base for Seoul's startups with the help of a foreign government agency.
The hub is located inside the Vietnamese National Startup Support Center, a representative startup support facility in District 11 in Ho Chi Minh City. It is operating an accelerating programme in cooperation with 25 organisations such as the Ministry of Science and Technology of the municipal government under the main provinces of Vietnam and university innovation centres.
Startups in Seoul that want to expand their business in Vietnam will get tailored help with everything from office space to commercialisation to technological exchanges and networking opportunities with local companies, as well as partnering with investors and forming international corporations.
SMG is exploring opportunities in Vietnam, a fast-growing market with record-breaking numbers of startups and sales. The Ho Chi Minh City hub will help Korean entrepreneurs achieve practical results and expand networks to foster global technology commercialisation.
The expansion of additional bases overseas provides other opportunities for Korean startups dreaming of entering the global market, even with the looming threat of COVID-19. Indeed, Vietnam has become a fertile land for Korean startups with the presence of unicorns like food delivery app Baemin and payment app Toss.
By Thanh Van
- Bright prospects for Vietnam-France relations
- Bitdefender Total Security 2016
- Bitdefender Total Security 2018
- T-Hub launches ‘Trestle’ to provide international market access for Indian startups
- Twenty years of Vietnam-US relations: Short journey with great strides
- Kaspersky Total Security
- Google streamlines privacy controls, analyzes your security settings
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 21
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 26
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 20
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 27
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 18
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 22
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 25
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 25
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 24
- Youngsters lead Vietnam’s startup scene
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES TODAY
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 26
Seoul expands startup platform by securing base in Vietnam have 352 words, post on vir.com.vn at September 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.