NEW YORK — Vietnamese President Nguyễn Xuân Phúc met with President of the Republic of Korea Moon Jae-in shortly after he arrived in New York on September 21 (local time) for the General Debate of the UN General Assembly's 76th session (UNGA 76).
The RoK leader said that the RoK wants to further beef up the strategic partnership with Việt Nam, so as to lift two-way trade to US$100 billion by 2023 and deepen cooperation in the digital economy, bio-products and finance.
Moon announced that the RoK will donate more than 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine which will be delivered in mid-October to Việt Nam, while praising the country’s socio-economic development achievements despite the complexities of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thanking the RoK for its much-needed assistance, President Phúc said the two countries need to soon keep the virus at bay to promote their strategic partnership more widely and comprehensively, particularly when they are celebrating the 30th anniversary of diplomatic relations next year.
The Vietnamese leader reiterated that ROK is one of Việt Nam’s leading partners, as reflected by the level of economic, investment and businesses activities and ODA.
Phúc asked the RoK side to continue expanding FDI projects, both in size and number, in Việt Nam and ramping up technology transfer to domestic firms while pledging to provide further support for Korean companies to do business in the Southeast Asian country.
He also wants the two countries’ government agencies to coordinate closely to provide support for each other citizens to have a stable, safe life in the host country during the pandemic. — VNS
- Party chief welcomes RoK President
- Rwanda: Child Vaccination Reaches 95%
- Key moments in the seven decades of danger and detente between North and South Korea
- Philippines government books Trump hotel as Duterte pushes for free trade deal with US
- Press digest – October 1
- Is North Korea really ready to denuclearize?
- From The Hague to Havana and Port-au-Prince
- Seoul opts not to overturn 2015 comfort women deal with Tokyo
- The Daily 202: Rod Rosenstein may just be the most powerful person in Washington
- Trump sounds off on The New York Times
- North Korea Fast Facts
- Is a denuclearized NKorea possible?
- Warmbier’s parents sue N. Korea for having ‘murdered’ their son
- Otto Warmbier’s parents sue North Korea for having “brutally tortured and murdered” their son
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – March 22
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 11/11
- Social News 1/5
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 16/11
- Weekly press digest – April 14-20
- Africa: Zambian Malaria Expert Honoured on World's Greatest Leaders List
RoK President Moon Jae-in announces donation of one million vaccine doses to Việt Nam have 433 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.