Usurers at the police office (Photo: SGGP)
The police said they had arrested six suspects, including Ha Van Dong, 24, Hoang Ngoc Phuoc,21, Le Van Tu, 20 from Thanh Hoa Province who ran a ring ; Pham Huu Quang, 23 from Thanh Hoa, Tran Van Vinh, 29 and Doan Trung Binh, 23 from Ninh Binh Province ran their own rings.
They lived in a rental house in Quang Nam Province's Tam Ky City since 2020 and provided loans worth over VND5 billion for high interest rates from 20-40 percent per month, equivalent to 240-480 percent per year for more than 100 debtors. Each borrower can borrow VND10 million but receive only VND8 million. The debtor has to pay VND12.5 million within 25 days.
The case is under further investigation.
By Nguyen Cuong – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Historic 'sex ring' is smashed as police arrest 20 men, aged between 28 and 43, over child sex claims in West Yorkshire
- Delhi police arrests Vaibhav Sharma relating to HDFC, other banks fraud of Rs 300 crore
- Instant loan apps scam, the Chinese link
- Scrooge payday lenders target skint Brits with high-interest Christmas loans
- LOANliness, a silent killer: Harassment of TMKOC writer's family by loan app firms continues even after his death
- Five members of Barate gang arrested out of Nandurbar
- Police break up drug ring run by septuagenarian woman in northern Vietnam
- Bitcoin county lines drug ring smashed: Cocaine dealers are suspected of using web currency to prey on Middle England
- Trans woman running $7,000 sex tours arrested in Hanoi
- Mumbai: Loan racket busted; seven arrested with luxury cars worth Rs 6 crore
- Over 300 Pak Twitter handles set to disturb farmers tractor rally: Delhi Police
- REVEALED: Capitol Police REJECTED offers of National Guard help days before MAGA riot 'because they didn't want images of military troops on the Hill'
- Prosecutors slam 21 'brazen' suspects, including UNC and Duke students after they are arrested for 'shipping $1.5M of cocaine and pot from California and dealing it to frat houses over the course of three years'
- Four people smugglers who killed 39 Vietnamese migrants found dead in the back of a lorry in Essex are jailed for 78 years in total
- Police-tracking apps are more popular than ever thanks to the protests
- Kenosha Shooting: 17-Year-Old Kyle Rittenhouse Arrested In Connection With Shooting That Left 2 Dead, 1 Wounded
- 'Ring of steel' goes up around Capitol for Biden's inauguration with 6,200 National Guardsmen called in from six states as fears mount that Trump supporters will attempt another attack
- Munich suicide bomb plot: police hunt Isis suspects behind New Year's Eve threat
- Dutch Police Clash With Anti-Lockdown Protesters in 2 Cities
- Police confirm Lori Vallow's third husband died of natural causes after reopening probe when audio revealed the 'cult mom' 'confessed she wanted to kill him'
Quang Nam Police arrests six people in loan shark ring have 430 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.