Vietnam and Russia agreed to strengthen cooperation in the post-pandemic period, facilitate trade, investment, and major projects in priority fields.
Russian President Vladimir Putin highlighted bilateral cooperation in the Covid-19 response and expressed his commitment to continue supporting Vietnam in this regard.
|State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc at the phone talk. Source: VNA|
Such was the outcome of a phone talk between Vietnam's State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin today [September 16].
For his part, State President Phuc said Vietnam gives priority to the long-standing friendship and comprehensive strategic partnership with Russia, expecting closer linkage in all spheres for mutual benefits.
Phuc expressed his thanks for Russian support to Vietnam during the pandemic, especially in vaccines and medical equipment, while calling for speeding up technology transfer in vaccine production for Vietnam.
At the phone talk, two leaders agreed to strengthen cooperation in the post-pandemic period to facilitate trade, investment, and the implementation of major projects in the fields of energy, oil, defense, and security.
Both leaders also discussed regional and international issues of shared concern, reaffirming the efforts to support each other in regional forums and address territorial disputes on the East Sea via peaceful means and international law, specifically the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
"Vietnam stands ready to serve as the bridge for Russia to expand cooperation with ASEAN and the Asia-Pacific region," Phuc stressed.
Phuc thanked the Russian Government for caring for the Vietnamese community in Russia during the difficult period and hoped further support would be given to them to return to normal life in the post-pandemic period.
On this occasion, Putin invited Phuc to visit Russia in his time of convenience. The Vietnam State President accepted the invitation, saying he looks forward to welcoming Putin in Vietnam soon.
- Feature: Japanese girl draws cartoons to show support for COVID-19 fight in China, Japan
- Haiphong to spend VND1.1trn on Covid-19 fight
- Vietnam takes Covid-19 fight to a higher level
- PM orders cities to prepare for large-scale quarantine in Covid-19 fight
- Health declaration apps launched in support of COVID-19 combat
- Hanoi police consider whole city quarantine for Covid-19 fight
- HCMC shuts down bars, pubs, karaoke parlors in Covid-19 fight
- HCMC shuts down bars, karaoke parlors in Covid-19 fight
- Official highlights people’s role in COVID-19 fight
- Vietnamese PM urges strengthening COVID-19 fight
- Embassy in Germany supports OVs amid COVID-19 fight
- Vietnam officially enters 2nd phase of COVID-19 fight: Deputy PM
- PM urges strengthening COVID-19 fight
- Singapore prepares 2nd package to help firms amid COVID-19 fight
- HCM City shuts down bars, pubs, karaoke parlors in COVID-19 fight
- New coronavirus measures to be introduced to help GPs in COVID-19 fight
- PM Phúc urges for stronger measures as Việt Nam enters new phase of COVID-19 fight
- Artists fund Covid-19 fight
- Vietnam PM orders leading officials to postpone overseas working trips to focus on COVID-19 fight
- Coronavirus: Boris Johnson to urge 'national effort' in COVID-19 fight after 10 more deaths
Putin pledges to support Vietnam in Covid-19 fight have 483 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.