Hanoi (VNA) – The Presidium of the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Central Committee and the sub-committee for mobilising social assistance under the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control on September 16 launched a programme calling for more support from people nationwide for the COVID-19 fight.
Do Van Chien, Chairman of the VFF Central Committee and head of the sub-committee, read a letter to launch the campaign.
The letter of appeal stated that at present, the pandemic still remains complicated, with social distancing order being applied in some places to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus.
There is a great number of people facing difficulties due to being in areas under lockdown and those losing their jobs and needing support, it added.
Meanwhile, the State’s resources are limited so it needs support of the whole society for the work, especially ensuring social security for the poor and vulnerable people, and funding the purchase of vaccines serving the nationwide COVID-19 immunisation programme, it noted.
Cadres, civil servants and public employees, members of the armed forces, entrepreneurs and enterprises of all economic sectors, international organisations, overseas Vietnamese, religious organisations, and people from all walks of life were called on to donate money, goods, medical supplies, and food for the drive.
After the launching ceremony, the sub-committee received donations and support registrations of cash and goods worth over 290 billion VND (nearly 12.7 million USD) in total by more than 30 organisations, businesses and individuals.
At the event, the sub-committee also officially launched an online donation system at http://vandongxahoi.mattran.org.vn./.
- Fire Pro Wrestling World Interview — Director Talks Reviving the Series and Community Support
- LINUX BLOG SAFARI Does Linux Do Enough for Programmers?
- Marvel Future Fight achieves more than 10 million downloads
- Community Source Software: If You Build It, They Will Join
- Warframe update 9 released, adding new missions and a community designed robo-ninja
- The ethics of emulation: how creators, the community, and the law view console emulators
- Battle Lines Sharpen in Apple-FBI Encryption Fight
- A 19-year-old kid built this free robo-lawyer, and it has already appealed over $3M in parking tickets
- ‘Dead or Alive’ Community Bans ‘Over Sexualized Costumes’ From Tournaments
- Capcom Celebrates The Fighting Game Community With Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Tournament Series
- Marvel vs Capcom Infinite has learned from the Street Fighter 5 debacle – but will super-easy combos split the fight community?
- Round-Up: Gamasutra Network Jobs, Week Of March 19
- Adobe's Vanishing Linux Air Support: Personal or Strictly Business?
- Samsung, Apple Kick Off Round Eleventy in Patent Fight
- The $19 evolution of Unreal Engine 4
- Coders Going Mercenary: From Community to Corporation
- Will Space Marine Grant the Warhammer 40,000 IP the Mass Appeal it Deserves?
- Opinion: Designers Are Descriptive, Programmers Are Procedural
- LINUX BLOG SAFARI What Makes a Good Programmer?
- Absolver hands-on: a fun and complex fighting system in a sad, sad world
Programme appeals for community support for COVID-19 fight have 481 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.