Do Van Chien, Chairman of the VFF Central Committee and head of the sub-committee, read a letter to launch the campaign.
The letter of appeal stated that at present, the pandemic still remains complicated, with social distancing order being applied in some places to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus.
There is a great number of people facing difficulties due to being in areas under lock-down and those losing their jobs and needing support, it added.
Meanwhile, the State’s resources are limited so it needs support of the whole society for the work, especially ensuring social security for the poor and vulnerable people and funding the purchase of vaccines serving the nationwide COVID-19 immunisation programme, it noted.
Cadres, civil servants and public employees, members of the armed forces, entrepreneurs and enterprises of all economic sectors, international organizations, overseas Vietnamese, religious organizations and people from all walks of life were called on to donate money, goods, medical supplies, and food for the drive.
After the launching ceremony, the sub-committee received donations and support registrations of cash and goods worth over 290 billion VND (nearly 12.7 million USD) in total by more than 30 organizations, businesses and individuals.
At the event, the sub-committee also officially launched an online donation system at http://vandongxahoi.mattran.org.vn.
- Coronavirus Infections Accelerate in Africa
- Akwa Ibom has spent N3 bn on fight against Covid-19, says Gov Emmanuel
- 'Ya man is bugged out!' 50 Cent throws his support behind Kim Kardashian for being 'cool' about husband Kanye West's sensational cheating and divorce claims
- Clergy and community leaders call on Louisiana residents to reject inequality, push for change
- The Trump Administration Wants To Cut Back A Billion-Dollar Healthcare Program. Hospitals Say Now Is A Really Bad Time.
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: March 20-21
- Meek Mill calls Kanye West a liar after bipolar rapper tweets he's be 'trying to get divorced' from Kim Kardashian since she met with Mill at an LA hotel to discuss prison reform
- Protesters clash with police at pro-police march organized by clergy
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside John Roberts' surprising streak of liberal wins
- The Political Urgency Of Facial Feminization Surgery
- The Case For Facial Feminization Surgery
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - GOP, Dems jockey for position on police reform
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: March 17
Program appeals for community support for COVID-19 fight have 378 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.