President Phuc made the statement while receiving leaders of the U.S.'s leading energy enterprises on September 23 (local time), as part of his activities in New York to attend the 76th session of the United Nations General Assembly.
Receiving leaders of Exxon Mobil Corporation (ExxonMobil), Phuc suggested the corporation continue to work with Vietnamese partners and authorities to develop projects that it is interested in.
The activities of major U.S. oil and gas companies, including Exxon Mobil, in Vietnam’s waters, especially in deep-water and high-potential areas, not only bring economic benefits to both sides, but also have important strategic significance, serving the two countries' common goal of contributing to the maintenance of peace, stability, cooperation and development in the region.
At his meeting with leading officials of NextDecade Corporation, the President stated that Vietnam wishes to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the U.S., contributing to the harmonious and sustainable development of two-way trade.
He welcomed NextDecade’s proposals in ensuring sustainable economic development, and suggested NextDecade consider expanding investment and business cooperation and providing solutions to reduce carbon dioxide emissions for production and business establishments in Vietnam.
Hosting leaders of Blackrock, a leading multinational investment management corporation, President Phuc welcomed Blackrock’s interest in investing in energy development in Vietnam, and suggested the company continue working with Binh Son Refinery and Petrochemical Company and relevant Vietnamese agencies to realize this idea.
As Blackrock has just established a climate fund with a priority to support developing markets to shift to clean energy, the Vietnamese leader shared that Vietnam advocates energy diversification and makes the most use of renewable energy sources. He asked Blackrock to study investment prospects in Vietnam.
- Gary Stevenson to lead MLS’s new business unit
- Welcome to Selbyville
- Sabres fans eager to welcome new owner
- Scandals raise president problems
- Chile ex-president wishes WCup team good luck
- Sputtering cars, speeding Conway lead to big crash
- T’wolves welcome newly acquired Barea
- No. 1 USC welcomes Hawaii for start of title chase
- Georgian football star to become energy minister
- Local golf notebook: Del Monte welcomes strong field for Monterey Open next week
- Evans leads Saint Louis over Texas A&M
- Sergei Bubka enters race for IOC president
- D-backs, APS promote energy efficiency
- Penn St prez welcomes Nebraska crossover game
- Lakers welcome Steve Nash to LA
- National champion Aggies welcomed home
- Norman ‘cut off’ by Presidents Cup
- Drivers welcome schedule change
- Togo elects new football federation president
- Howdy! A Big D welcome to Packers, Steelers
President welcomes leading U.S. energy enterprises have 404 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.