Fernandez said President Phuc is the first Vietnamese leader to visit Cuba following the success of the 8th National Congress of the Communist Party of Cuba, demonstrating the Vietnamese Party, State and people's special sentiments to their Cuban counterparts under any circumstance.
She added that Cuba is educating young generations about special bonds between the two nations. The ICAP and the CVFA recently celebrated their 60th founding anniversaries. The CVFA now has over 1,600 members while the ICAP also has ties with partners globally.
The Cuban people will support Vietnam now and forever under any circumstance, she said.
President Phuc, for his part, said despite geographical distance, the Vietnamese people always stand side by side with the fraternal Cuban people and contribute the bilateral ties.
CVFA President Gomez said its 34 chapters will continue contributing to the revolutionary causes of the two Parties and people of Cuba and Vietnam.
Cuba always supports Vietnam and wants to learn from the country's experience, she said,
President Phuc thanked and hailed leaders and officials of the ICAP, CVFA and the schools and the Young Communist League of Cuba for fostering Vietnam – Cuba ties over the past years.
He affirmed that Cuba's solidarity activities with Vietnam have provided a great source of encouragement to the Vietnamese people in the past and at present. In return, the Vietnamese people have also offered warm sentiments and a helping hand to their Cuban counterparts, especially in their difficult times.
The Vietnamese leader expressed his belief that the ICAP, CVFA and Cuban schools will educate young generations about the tradition of close-knit relationship between the two nations, contributing to further strengthening and deepening the bilateral special traditional friendship.
The same day, President Phuc also visited the Vietnamese Embassy and met representatives of the Vietnamese community in Cuba.
At the meeting, he said the Party and State have always paid attention to overseas Vietnamese, including those in Cuba.
The State leader asked the embassy’s staff to hold aloft the flag of solidarity and make more practical contributions to maintaining, nurturing and developing the great special friendship between Vietnam and Cuba.
- Pentagon Mulling New Venezuela Options to Deter Russia, China & Cuba – Report
- Obama sent an aide to talk Biden out running for president in 2016
- Bizarre ‘Lenin lab’ embalms dead communist leaders to keep them ‘looking ageless’ in North Korea and Vietnam
- North Korea's Kim arrives in Vietnam for summit, Trump flies in on Air Force One
- Foreign leaders’ diplomatic gifts to Trump and family revealed
- The quirky gifts received by the Royal Family in 2018
- Turkish president hails Bolivia's support for Palestine
- 'Trump Baby' blimp will fly again during President's UK state visit
- Will Trudeau follow Washington’s lead on Cuba?
- Cuba snubs Trump’s anti-socialist crusade with massive constitution vote
- Cubans use new found social media heft to challenge leaders
- Russia's increasing influence in Cuba stirs ghost of Cold War
- Trump ramps up pressure on Cuba in Latin America offensive
- Michael Cohen returns to Capitol Hill after slamming President Trump as liar
- Belarus, Vietnam mull over MAZ buses assembly project
- N.Korea's Kim kicks off official Vietnam visit
- It would end in ‘blood loss’: Mexico, Cuba urge end to coup attempt in Venezuela
- NKorea's Kim sets off for Vietnam
- Nicaragua joins Cuba, Venezuela on human rights black list
- US expands abortion 'gag rule,' cuts funding to the Organization of American States
President receives leaders of Cuba - Vietnam friendship organizations have 554 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.