The special success of the visit is an agreement on Vietnam's purchase of 10 million doses of Cuba’s COVID-19 vaccine, which is an outstanding outcome affirming the special friendship between the two countries, and also a great achievement in Vietnam’s vaccine diplomacy.
The visit also marked a milestone of special significance, as it was the first visit to Cuba by a head of state since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic and was made on the occasion of the 61st founding anniversary of bilateral diplomatic relations.
During his trip from September 18-20, President Phuc held high-level talks and meetings with leaders of the Cuban Party and State and had a number of important activities to develop the bilateral friendship and solidarity to a new height.
The two Presidents agreed to continue intensifying political relations through the exchange of delegations at all levels, maintaining and improving the efficiency of cooperation mechanisms, as well as coordinating to effectively implement the new trade agreement and making the most of its incentives to increase two-way trade.
The Vietnamese leader announced a decision to present 5,000 tons of rice and medical equipment to the Cuban people.
The two Presidents also witnessed the signing of a number of cooperation agreements between the two countries' ministries, sectors and businesses.
On behalf of the Party and State leaders and the people of Cuba, President Miguel Diaz Canel presented the Vietnamese State leader with José Marti Order, the noblest reward of the Cuban State, in recognition of President Phuc's contributions to the enhancement of solidarity, friendship and cooperation between the two Parties, States and people.
The two sides also issued a joint statement of the two countries on the occasion of the Vietnamese President's Cuban visit.
President Phuc’s official visit to Cuba demonstrated Vietnam's respect and determination to continue strengthening and deepening the time-honored solidarity, comprehensive cooperation and mutual trust between the two Parties, States and people of the two nations, and strongly reaffirmed Vietnam’s solidarity and consistent support for the just revolutionary cause of the Cuban people.
- Explained: The meaning of Sushma's Vietnam visit
- PM Phuc to share Vietnam’s vision for global economy at G20 summit
- National Assembly leader visits TH Group’s project in Russia
- Prime Minister holds second dialogue with farmers
- Schools of southern students in the north celebrate 65th anniversary
- PM urges Military Hospital 175 to become regional medical facility
- PM congratulates women’s football team on SEA Games success
- NA leader expects stronger Vietnam-Netherlands relations
- NA Chairwoman holds talks with leader of Russia’s State Duma
- Vietnam probes former top naval officer for negligence
- Vietnam PM to attend Belt and Road Forum in Beijing
- Ha Noi attracts highest FDI in 11 months
- Hanoi attracts highest FDI in 11 months
- Hanoi attracts most investment in 11 months
- China, Vietnam Cancel High-Level Meeting Over South China Sea Disputes
- Sumitomo cuts deal to build US$4-billion smart city in Hanoi
- South Korea introduces products in Hanoi
- Former deputy transport minister dismissed with retrospective effect for wrongdoing
- Schools of Southern students in the North celebrate 65th anniversary
- Vietnam, EU seek to clarify outstanding trade deal issues prior to ratification
President Nguyen Xuan Phuc wraps up Cuba visit have 512 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.