HÀ NỘI — President Nguyễn Xuân Phúc held phone talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin on September 16, during which the leaders discussed directions and measures to further strengthen the Việt Nam-Russia comprehensive strategic partnership, cooperation in COVID-19 prevention and control as well as regional and international issue of common concern.
Phuc said that Việt Nam always treasures the traditional friendship and comprehensive strategic partnership with Russia and hopes to strengthen cooperation between the two countries in all fields, for the mutual benefit of the two nations.
The two leaders agreed to take measures to further facilitate bilateral trade and investment, expand cooperation and accelerate the implementation of important projects in key fields such as energy, oil and gas, as well as national defence and security in the post-pandemic period.
The Vietnamese President thanked Russia and hoped to continue receiving its support in vaccines, treatment drugs and medical supplies to fight the pandemic. He also wanted Russia to give Việt Nam priority in accessing vaccines and speed up the transfer of vaccine production technology to Việt Nam.
The Russian President agreed to keep up the assistance and cooperate closely with Việt Nam in this field.
The two leaders committed to closely and effectively coordinating at regional forums, and agreed on the settlement of disputes in the South China Sea (called East Sea by Việt Nam) by peaceful means, based on respect for international law, including the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
The Vietnamese President affirmed that Việt Nam always welcomes and is ready to act as a bridge for Russia to expand cooperation with the ASEAN and the Asia-Pacific region. He asked Russia to continue to pay attention to support and create favourable conditions for the Vietnamese community who are living, working, and studying there.
President Putin invited President Nguyễn Xuân Phúc to pay an official visit to Russia soon and the invitation was accepted with pleasure. The Vietnamese President also said he looks forward to welcoming President Putin to Việt Nam early for an official visit. — VNS
- Party leader-President Nguyen Phu Trong receives Cambodian leader
- China and U.S. to hold trade talks in Beijing on January 7-8
- Vietnam-Romania joint committee holds first ministerial-level session
- US Vice President Presses Asian Leaders on Rohingya, Maritime Dispute
- Russian Military Enters Syria Area Left by U.S. Allies After Donald Trump's Withdrawal Announcement
- Russian Diplomats Say Trump Administration Won’t Pull out of Syria After Confusing Messages Emerge From Washington
- EDITORIAL: Russian election meddling worse than we knew — and begs for a solution
- Transcript: Eric Edelman talks with Michael Morell on "Intelligence Matters" podcast
- Marc Thiessen: Yes, Trump wants restrictions on his Putin notes. No, that's not proof he's a Russian spy
- Republican Tells Fox News That Michael Flynn Memo Is ‘Good News for President Trump’
- Russians linked to least 14 Trump associates during campaign, transition
- Russians interacted with at least 14 Trump associates during campaign, transition
- POLITICO Playbook: Attn. Mr. President: 6 days until Speaker Pelosi
- Most Americans Hold Trump Responsible For Government Shutdown, New Polls Show
- Huawei executive's arrest will not hinder trade talks with China, Kudlow says
- The World Isn't Ready For Port-Less Phones (Yet)
- Donald Trump 'dynamited the institution of the presidency' in 2018
- Time for president to clean foreign policy house
- Time for President Trump to clean foreign policy house
- Vietnam, Cambodia enjoy close-knit relationship
President Nguyễn Xuân Phúc holds phone talk with Russian counterpart have 567 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.