Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong chaired the event, which also saw the presence of President Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh and National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue.
The Party leader said since the fourth COVID-19 wave hit the country in late April, the country has been facing great challenges that could last till late 2021 or early 2022, making it hard to fulfill key targets set for this year.
The Politburo asked units and localities to closely follow socio-economic development orientations set in the Resolution adopted by the 13th National Party Congress, absolutely stay vigilant, and continue effectively implementing pandemic prevention and control measures with priority given to ensuring the supply of vaccines and medicines, so as to protect people's health and lives. In the immediate future, suitable scenarios and measures should be outlined to cope with the pandemic, he said.
They were required to effectively carry out the economic recovery and development program in response to possible contingencies, grasp opportunities from rapid recovery of major economies, offer employment assistance and improve workers' income.
The Politburo also agreed to submit a proposal to the Party Central Committee (PCC) and the National Assembly on delaying salary reform policy in accordance with the 12th Party Central Committee's Resolution dated May 21, 2018. It will base on feedback from units concerned and members of the Politburo and the Secretariat to complete the proposal to be submitted to the fourth plenum of the PCC.
- Hà Nội reviews socio-economic development
- Politburo discusses finalisation of National Party Congress documents
- Da Nang sees negative economic growth
- HCMC sets economic growth target of 6 percent for 2021
- The World is Failing Xinjiang Just As It Failed Srebrenica | Opinion
- How the White House Followed the Science to Enable a Quick Vaccine | Opinion
- Robert Reich: Biden Says He'll Take on Structural Inequality. You Need to Hold Him to It | Opinion
- Nationalism and Populism Are the GOP's Future | Opinion
- SCOTUS Sends a Message: Respect Religious Freedom, Even in a Pandemic | Opinion
- Eco-Failure Jay Inslee is a Smart Political Ploy for Biden | Opinion
- How Promising is the Vaccine News if People Won't Take it? | Opinion
- Progressives Are Wrong To Oppose the Electoral College | Opinion
- With Annexation Pledge, Netanyahu Might Have Bitten Off More Than He Can Chew | Opinion
- China Wants Your DNA—and It's up To No Good | Opinion
- Politburo discusses finalization of National Party Congress documents
- Quang Ninh aims for annual economic growth of 10 percent in 2021-2025
- Your re-election, testimony of your performance — Obasanjo tells Akufo-Addo
- OPINION: Why India's future is hanging on its manufacturing endeavour?
- HCM City sets economic growth target of 6 percent for 2021
- PM hails performance of public security force
Politburo gives opinions on socio-economic performance have 432 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.