Speaking at a national teleconference on September 28 to seek solutions to accelerate the disbursement of the capital in 2021, PM Chinh noted that the country has so far disbursed only 47.38 percent of the total 500 trillion VND (21.96 billion USD) of public investment allocated for this year.
He urged ministries, sectors and localities to discuss measures to remove obstacles in the work to speed up the progress of the disbursement and improve the efficiency of public investment capital, thus helping to boost socio-economic development in 2021 and laying a foundation for growth in 2022, with the motto of ensuring progress and quality of the disbursement in parallel with strengthening supervision and examination to prevent corruption in public investment activities.
Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung explained that the slow disbursement was due to many factors, including the ground clearance, bidding, changes in policies and regulations, the capacity of investors and contractors, and especially impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
At the conference, leaders of localities recording high ratios of public investment capital disbursement such as Bac Giang, Quang Ninh and Thanh Hoa shared their experience in the work. At the same time, many sectors, agencies and localities highlighted the difficulties facing them in the work.
Representatives from the Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development said that they are working to make suitable adjustments in institutions to remove obstacles in the field to deal with bottlenecks in the disbursement of public investment capital.
Concluding the conference, PM Chinh underlined the significance of public investment in promoting economic growth, creating jobs and incomes for workers and improving people’s lives, noting that the Government has made various directions to speed up the disbursement of the capital this year.
The Government leader affirmed that amid the difficulties brought about by COVID-19, speeding up the disbursement of public investment capital is an important solution to recover and boost socio-economic development.
He requested ministries, sectors and localities to continue ensuring good control over the pandemic to create favorable conditions for the resumption and promotion of public investment capital disbursement.
The ministries, sectors and localities were also asked to simplify administrative procedures, increasing the application of technology and promoting digital transformation to save time and costs for people and businesses, ensuring safety and smooth transport of goods and materials serving projects.
He also asked the ministries, sectors and localities to report to the PM and the government the problems facing them for timely solutions.
- Complete southern expressway next year, open in 2021, PM directs
- New Mexico public employee pension plans could miss target
- PM asks for greater efforts to promote sustainable growth
- 50 of the best funds and investment trusts: Experts reveal best ideas
- SC Gov. issues order to remove Planned Parenthood as a Medicaid provider
- CFP Board and NAPFA: Working Together for the Financial Planning Profession
- Medium-term ODA loan disbursements exceed ceiling of $1.6 billion
- A Directive needed to improve VN’s performance in 2019: PM
- Saudi crown prince vows Aramco IPO by 2021, keeps to us$2 trillion
- Analysts see more risks than hope in Italy budget plan
- Fresno Yosemite Airport has big plans to expand. Here’s how airport will grow
- Traveling to Europe in 2021 will get a little more complicated
- College Savings Plans
- Freeport expected to complete divestment this month
- Developers Fight Efforts to Make Them Pay for Public Art
- News Feature -Iindonesia should make all-out efforts to eradicate measles
- Hanoi metro must start running this year, says Deputy PM
- Cabinet approves medium-term fiscal plan until 2021
- Saudi crown prince pledges Aramco IPO by early 2021
- House wants review of policy on Negative Investment List
PM required more efforts to complete 95 percent of public investment disbursement plan in 2021 have 583 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.