Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh attends the 7th Greater Mekong Sub-Region (GMS) Summit, September 9, 2021 – Photo: VGP/Nhat Bac
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh made the above statemtent in his remarks at the 7th GMS Summit chaired by Cambodian PM Samdech Techo Hun Sen on Septmeber 9.
Pham emphasized the need to promote access to COVID-19 vaccines and treatment drugs in an open, equitable and transparent manner, increase the sharing of vaccines through multilateral and bilateral mechanisms, and accelerate technology transfer to gain self-reliance in regional production of vaccines and treatment drugs for various diseases.
He suggested the Asian Development Bank mull over the possibility of more flexible financing mechanisms to provide emergency assistance for countries to purchase vaccines, anti-viral drugs, and medical supplies, and help businesses from the GMS countries to quickly establish production lines of high-quality vaccines and treatment drugs.
The Government chief took the occasion to thank vaccine manufacturing countries, including China, for the assistance extended to other countries, including Viet Nam, saying that their support is invaluable amid the global vaccine shortage.
Regarding regional supply chain, Pham stressed that it is essential to harmonize and simplify the process and procedures for customs clearance, and open "green lanes" in order to facilitate the cross-border movement of people and flow of goods, while meeting pandemic prevention requirements.
He urged countries to refrain from imposing trade barriers and facilitate the movement of people and essential goods in line with our GMS commitments.
Over the past three decades, GMS cooperation, with the participation of all countries in the Mekong River Basin, has constantly expanded, proving its unique credibility and identity, according to PM Pham.
The implementation of the 3C strategies, namely "Connectivity, Community, and Competitiveness," helped create a GMS region where seamless connectivity was enhanced, people-to-people bonds were strengthened, and collaboration to address the common concerns of the region was advanced.
The achievements of GMS cooperation effectively reinforced the ASEAN Community-building and the shaping of an ASEAN-centered regional architecture, and further deepened the thriving ASEAN-China Strategic Partnership.
Pham called on the member countries to uphold multilateralism and cooperation based on equality, mutual respect and mutual benefit, thus contributing to peace, stability, cooperation, and development in the region and the world at large.
- Mekong sub-regional countries enhance cooperation on drug control
- Mekong sub-region countries cooperate in tourist development
- Greater Mekong Sub-region economic links to be promoted
- Boosting cooperation with Myanmar, being active in Greater Mekong Sub-region Current Affairs
- PM Nguyen Tan Dung attends Greater Mekong Sub-region Summit
- Mekong Sub-region eyes tourism cooperation
- Conference on tourism in the Greater Mekong sub-region
- Ministers from Greater Mekong Sub-region discuss anti-human trafficking efforts
- Exchange boosts border friendship in Greater Mekong Sub-region
- Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung concludes his visit to attend the 5th Greater Mekong Sub region Summi
- Greater Mekong Sub-region Business Forum to Opens Late November
- Vietnam helps promote sustainable development in Mekong Sub-region
- Fostering broad and sustainable development of the Mekong sub region
- Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung attends the Mekong Sub-region Summit in Thailand
- Vietnam calls on US to participate in Mekong sub-region development
- Developing Mekong sub-region tourism infrastructure for inclusive growth
- Japan, Mekong Sub-region boost energy security cooperation
- Mekong Sub-region has 4 million drug users
- Bản in : Mekong Sub-region fights haze pollution
- CLMV cooperation to match Mekong Sub-Region and ASEAN integration
PM calls on Greater Mekong Sub-Region countries to step up cooperation against COVID-19 have 575 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.