Manila (VNA) – Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has approved the resumption of face-to-face classes in areas with low risk of COVID-19 infections, with up to 120 schools joining a two-month pilot reopening run, according to the Ministry of Education.
The Philippines is among 17 countries across the world where schools have been closed throughout the pandemic, said a report by the United Nations Children’s Fund ( UNICEF ).
Education Secretary Leonor Briones said face-to-face learning will be limited to 3-4 hours per session, with consent from parents and guardians required.
The pilot will cover 100 public schools and 20 private institutions, limiting class size to 12 learners in kindergarten, 16 in grades 1-3, and 20 at senior high school level.
The pilot will begin as soon as possible, depending on the readiness of schools, she said./.
- West Bengal has no plans to reopen schools amid third COVID-19 wave threat, says official
- Plan to reopen schools evokes mixed response
- Prince William, Kate Middleton have open boarding school communications with Prince George
- Government planning open network platform for e-commerce, hopes for UPI-like success
- Here is what Anand Mahindra said on the launch of Mahindra University's School of Law
- PM Modi to launch ‘Fit India Quiz’ for school students with KBC style features, check details here
- Jollibee set to open 120 new stores in Malaysia
- Shenzhen launches pilot autonomous taxi service
- Manila to launch vaccination sites open 24/7; LGU calls for volunteers
- What to Know About California’s Plan to Reopen Schools
- CHSAA, school districts, local health departments offer few definitive plans as high school sports return to Colorado
- Florida’s Back-To-School Sales Tax Holiday Starts Saturday
- Back To School: Frankfort 2021-22 School Calendar
- PM holds phone talks with Philippine President
- Back To School: Tredyffrin/Easttown 2021-22 School Calendar
- Parent power: Activists force the Scottish government's hand over full schools return
- Schools reopening: Unions shamed over opposition to teachers' mass vaccination plans
- Schools to stay shut until at least March to avoid 'huge surge' in COVID infections
- It’s back to class for students at a handful of schools across the GTA this week
- How de Blasio Backed Himself Into a Corner on Closing Schools
Philippines to launch pilot plan to re-open up to 120 schools have 344 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.