According to the ministry, ramping up testing was important to control the disease. In areas with a high/very high risk of COVID-19 infection, rapid antigen tests should be given priority to immediately isolate positive cases.
Rapid antigen tests and RT-PCR tests could be combined.
In areas with less risk of infection, pooled testing can be used based on specific conditions, for example, combining testing samples from people of the same family, the same building or neighbours.
Under the guidelines, localities should arrange testing sites for small areas. Volunteers and people can help take samples for rapid antigen tests.
If unable to conduct mass testing, areas at high/very high risk must report to the national steering committee for COVID-19 prevention and control or ask for help from other areas.
The Health Ministry asked localities to set up and operate mobile healthcare stations based in communes/wards which have high/very high risks of infection. Schools, community houses and offices could be turned into a mobile healthcare stations so that people could access health services as soon as possible.
Communes, wards and towns that are under the ‘new normal’ stage must also prepare sites, medical equipment and staff to use in case their situation worsens.
Authorities must continuously evaluate COVID-19 risks to decide to impose social distancing measures or loosen the measures in specific areas. Social distancing measures must be loosened step by step while screening tests are maintained.
In the guidelines, the ministry emphasised that social distancing measures should be put in place in as-small-as-possible areas, for example, a hamlet, a residential group or a street.
The social distancing aims to stop infections and control the disease as soon as possible – within 14 days.
Social distancing measures must be implemented strictly. During social distancing, the supply of food and other essentials for affected people must be ensured. Medical measures like testing, treatment and vaccination must be conducted systematically. Measures are also needed to ensure that people can access health services early, at the grassroots level.
In the last few months, 23 provinces and cities in Vietnam have implemented social distancing measures and stricter measures to control COVID-19.
Social distancing brought positive results in curbing COVID-19 infections.
However, in some localities, social distancing has been extended due to improper implementation of measures, a lack of detailed goals, scale and time to apply social distancing or insufficient testing.
According to the ministry, the COVID-19 pandemic is developing and may last for a long time, especially with the presence of the Delta variant which can spread much easier and faster than the original SARS-CoV-2 and other variants./.
- Coronavirus live updates: Mayor Breed says San Francisco still doesn’t have sufficient resources to keep people safe
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area shelter-in-place to stay through May
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area ICU cases tick back upward
- Swab collection a high risk job, says COVID-19 doctor
- How does India, a country of 1.3 billion people, have around 1,000 coronavirus deaths?
- How New Zealand ‘eliminated’ coronavirus in weeks using the British university model that jolted UK into lockdown
- FG targets 2m tests in 3 months as US promises ventilators
- Covid-19 lockdown 3.0: Graded easing of curbs over 2 weeks
- Centre issues new guidelines, makes Arogya Setu app mandatory
- Spaniards are out in force on second day of lifted lockdown while churches reopen tomorrow but with confessions at a distance and no anointing of babies - as it records lowest daily deaths in six weeks at 164
- Coronavirus latest: German ministers aim to reopen restaurants within 2 weeks
- Coronavirus as it happened: German ministers aim to reopen restaurants within 2 weeks
- Coronavirus live updates: Pelosi says Congress has a plan to aid ailing states
- Coronavirus live updates: White House has ‘big, thoughtful’ ideas to revive economy
- Coronavirus live updates: Salesforce CEO shares suggestions for reopening workplaces
- Coronavirus latest: Europe moves to ease pandemic lockdown
- Coronavirus latest: Global cases surpass 3 million
- Coronavirus live updates: SF temporarily bans cars on key streets in Golden Gate, McLaren parks
- Coronavirus live updates: SF bans cars on key streets in Golden Gate, McLaren parks
- EU rejects Germany's call to allow vouchers over refunds for canceled trips
People in high, very high risk areas to be tested three times a week: Ministry have 753 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.