HÀ NỘI – The capital’s mass COVID-19 vaccination is being conducted successfully, and the city can now administer more than 300,000 doses daily, the highest amount so far, said Minister of Health Nguyễn Thanh Long.
Visiting vaccination sites in Hà Nội on Friday morning, Long said that it was ambitious with the city targeting to vaccinate all of its population aged over 18 by September 16.
However, the minister said he expected the city could achieve the goal as for the last few days the city has quickly increased vaccination capacity, with some wards in the city expected to complete the vaccination by Sunday.
Inspecting the vaccination in Ba Đình District and Long Biên District, Long also paid more attention to screening work, COVID-19 testing and documenting data of vaccinated people.
He also encouraged medical workers and volunteers, especially those from other localities who have arrived in Hà Nội to help the city's mass vaccination and testing.
"The vaccination must be sped up but still ensure safety first," he said.
An elderly man in Văn Miếu Ward told the health official that he felt more secure after getting vaccinated against COVID-19.
At a vaccination site in Phúc Lợi Primary School in Long Biên District, four teams of medical workers from Bắc Giang Province worked in three shifts – morning, afternoon and evening. On September 9, they helped provide jabs for over 1,600 people.
Until September 13, the vaccination sites could host a total of about 7,000 people for testing and vaccination.
Trần Thị Nhị Hà, director of Hà Nội's Health department, said that vaccination teams were arranged flexibly among districts to meet vaccination demand.
Vaccination sites also received people in the evening, Hà said.
As of September 9, Hà Nội has vaccinated around 2.9 million people with at least one COVID-19 vaccine shot, and over 317,000 people have been fully inoculated, according to the municipal health department. Around 57 per cent of adults in the city have received at least one vaccine shot. VNS
- Organisations to sponsor Covid-19 vaccine and prevention projects
- COVID-19 vaccine may be ready by 2022: SII
- Coronavirus COVID-19 vaccine days away from animal testing, Queensland researchers believe
- Chinese doctors 'using plasma therapy' on COVID-19 patients
- WHO: Vietnam manages COVID-19 outbreak well
- Bid to contain coronavirus COVID-19 sees Chinese tech giants deploy tracking maps
- A decade before coronavirus, I covered the swine flu pandemic. Here's how it compares to COVID-19
- China's coronavirus COVID-19 death toll nears 1,900 as PM Scott Morrison pledges vaccine funding
- Air travel falls 20 percent on COVID-19 outbreak: authority
- Recovered Coronavirus Patients Who Have Traces of COVID-19 in Their Bodies Could Infect Others, Doctor Warns
- ACV expects 2020 profit down by 6 trillion VND due to COVID-19
- Vietnam is SAFE now as COVID-19 oubreak has been controlled well
- Free face masks offered amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Vietnam has not banned flights linking with RoK for COVID-19: official
- China Launches a Crush of Clinical Trials Aimed at Covid-19
- Major leap in Vietnam’s efforts to combat COVID-19 outbreak
- COVID-19 crisis to subside in second half: Thai minister
- ASEAN joins hands to fight Covid-19
- WHO develops COVID-19 treatment master plan
- ECOWAS countries unite against COVID-19 as Egypt confirms 1st case
Over 300,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered daily in Hà Nội have 634 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 10, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.