Hanoi (VNA) – Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Pham Quang Hieu has suggested consolidating the legal system, streamlining administrative procedures and synchronously implementing policies relating to overseas Vietnam ese.
He made the suggestions in an article titled "Improving the efficiency of overseas Vietnamese affairs in the new situation", which was published after the Politburo issued a conclusion in this regard on August 12.
Conclusion No. 12-KL/TW affirms consistent guidelines and policies of the Party and the State on strengthening the great national unity bloc, with the overseas Vietnamese community an integral part of the nation, said Hieu, who is also head of the State Committee for Overseas Vietnamese Affairs .
It has contributed to implementing overseas Vietnamese affairs in the new context in a more comprehensive manner, focusing on supporting them to have a firm legal status, develop stably and integrate into host societies intensively and extensively, and maintain their close ties with the homeland.
According to Hieu, the document aims to demonstrate the Party's and the State's sentiments and responsibility for Vietnamese expats, meeting their legitimate aspirations and encouraging them to work towards a better life.
The Politburo has for the first time added the implementation of comprehensive measures to the conclusion to improve the work, helping Vietnamese gain a firm legal status, stabilise their lives, boost economic development, observe laws and integrate into host societies.
The official said the Politburo has paid more heed to teaching the Vietnamese language abroad to contribute to preserving traditional culture.
The conclusion highlights encouraging and creating conditions for overseas Vietnamese to contribute to national construction and defence, Hieu added.
He suggested perfecting the mechanism responding to initiatives and opinion contributions of Vietnamese experts, intellectuals and businesses abroad.
With the engagement of the entire political system and Vietnamese at home and abroad, the work on overseas Vietnamese affairs will be done more pragmatically, Hieu believed./.
- From Breezy Beto to Wonky Warren: How Candidates Use Policy
- No 10 rules out customs union with EU amid confusion over government policy
- Pompeo announces reversal of longstanding US policy on Israeli settlements
- Govt floats draft guidelines for implementation of IPR policy in academic institutions
- Head of union for asylum officers calls Trump asylum policies 'egregious'
- US rethinks Syria policy but further military intervention is unlikely
- E-car sector embraced by favorable policies
- 'Personally I think it goes all the way!' Donald Trump suggests Barack Obama directed efforts to cheat FISA system when FBI got surveillance warrant to spy on 2016 campaign aide
- Rajasthan govt has zero tolerance policy on corruption: Ashok Gehlot
- Green Party manifesto policies 2019 in full: Summary of general election pledges
- Fed minutes: Officials felt 3 cuts this year could be enough
- Bill seeks national official language stature for those in Eighth Schedule
- Labour could write off student debts worth TENS OF BILLIONS suggests shadow chancellor John McDonnell as he confirms the party will SCRAP tuition fees if it wins the election
- Even Babies Know Rock 'n' Roll
- Party official: Party chief's visits bolster ties with France, Cuba
- Sessions reverses Obama-era policy on marijuana, unleashes prosecutors
- The Trump Administration’s War on Public Health Comes for Science Informing EPA Policy Decisions
- ANALYSIS: How Trump's foreign policy has affected global relations since assuming office
- Aniket Ambhore suicide report: ‘SC/ST students could face difficulties due to hardened attitudes against quota policy’
- 'I am here to tell the truth.' Donald Trump's EU ambassador tells impeachment probe president ordered him to run Ukraine policy through Rudy Giuliani - but he did not know about demand to investigate the Bidens
Official suggests synchronously rolling out policies towards OVs have 606 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.