First cold spell predicted for northern region
Nguyen Van Huong, head of the Climate Forecasting Department at the National Centre for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting, said cold spells will arrive in late September and early October, earlier than previous years. The coldest period would occur in mid-December to February.
Vietnam will see the effect of the La Nina phenomenon from October. However, it will remain weak throughout 2021. There will be six to eight storms on the East Sea from now until the end of 2021. Three to four of them may affect Vietnam. It is likely that the southern region would still be affected by storms in the East Sea in January 2022.
“The authorities must be prepared for constant and heavy rains in October and November in the central and southern region,” he said.
Provinces from Thanh Hoa to Thua Thien-Hue and the southern region have continued to have heavy rains on September 14-15. The rainfall in Hon Dat, Kien Giang Province, from 7 pm on September 14 to 3 am on September 15 was 184mm. It was 150.2mm in Minh Hoa, Quang Binh Province and 138.6mm in Ben Tre City.
Flashflood and landslides were warned for mountainous areas while flooding was warned for low-lying terrains.
- White Easter odds slashed as third cold spell threatens snow and more chaos
- US weather latest: Cold snap across America to break records for April weather
- Farmers struggling as cold weather bites for holiday weekend
- Commuters are paying for own Northern Rail compensation
- Umbrellas at the ready as Bank Holiday weekend is going to be cold and wet
- Weather: Beast from the Easter leaves Northern Ireland awash
- Northern Ireland teacher Sharon McBride on what it’s like living with Raynaud’s disease
- Weather: UK to feel heat again but Northern Ireland in for cooler spell
- It was an average wet July in Northern Ireland despite the hot spell
- Good Friday Agreement: The girl called 'Hope' who was born as the Northern Ireland peace deal was struck
- Price of Northern Ireland houses to rise 4% by 2022
- UK shivers in cold, wet and windy start to the week
- The story behind the strange northern Swedish way to say 'yes'
- Cold air masses to penetrate into Armenia
- Good Friday Agreement: What was the historic peace deal reached in Northern Ireland 20 years ago?
- Heavy rain leaves Northern Ireland potato farmers behind schedule in planting this season's crops
- Uber hires Amazon UK director as northern Europe chief ahead of London appeal
- Northern Ireland goalie gives nod to non-league strikers after international debut
- Weather: Northern Ireland basks in sunshine and it’ll get hotter
- Opening of Sunderland’s Northern Spire Bridge opening could be ‘invite only’ event
Northern region to have first cold spell in September have 438 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.