|Deputy Prime Minister Le Van Thanh ordered no more delays in the construction of the Eastern Cluster of the North-South Expressway|
The Deputy PM made the order at an online meeting on September 14 on the development of the Eastern Cluster of North-South Expressway with contractors, relevant ministries, the State Bank of Vietnam, as well as the 13 cities and provinces the project goes through.
He noted that more delays in the project construction would be acceptable. He asked local authorities to complete the site clearance in October 2021. Contractors will have to address sluggish construction while abiding by the rules on COVID-19 prevention and fight.
Cities and provinces, and relevant ministries are asked to create more favourable conditions for mining licensing procedures to ensure enough building materials for the project.
|The meeting focused on solving the problems related to site clearance and lack of building materials facing the project|
The Eastern Cluster of North-South Expressway comprises of 11 component projects, including eight funded by the state, and three public-private-partnership ones. Despite efforts, the project is facing some problems, with the two mainly being a lack of construction materials and site clearance.
According to the Deputy Minister of Transport, site clearance now meets 98.4 per cent of the total area. Thus far, 10 component projects have been kicked off. The remaining Cam Lam-Vinh Hao route is planned to start construction in October.
Currently, the barriers related to the licensing procedures for the mining of common building materials are yet to be solved. The project still lacks about 23 million cubic metres of land.
Duong Van Mau, deputy general director of Vinaconex, a contractor of the project, said that the company mobilised hundreds of equipment, technical staffs, and engineers to serve construction. However, due to a shortfall of building materials, it has to wait, causing losses and delaying the project. The contractor proposed local authorities to shorten mining licensing procedures to ensure enough building materials.
At the meeting, cities and provinces pledged to complete site clearance, and solve the barriers related to building materials, while working with relevant agencies on dealing with other problems.
By Bich Thuy
- Long delays on Interstate 17 in north Phoenix ahead of Labor Day
- Oceanside crowd blasts North River Farms housing project
- The Latest: More than 1,500 in South Carolina shelters
- Medina City Hall parking deck construction to affect nearby lots
- Dorian topples crane, knocks out power in eastern Canada
- Concrete Dams Construction Market
- North Korea launches missiles ahead of US-Seoul drills
- Dr. Delay: Repaving on Seminole’s 113th Street coming eventually
- The Latest: Dorian lashes southern North Carolina coast
- Yard Goats again lead Eastern League in attendance
- The Latest: Winds buffet New England as Dorian speeds north
- The Latest: Dorian evacuees head to North Carolina speedway
- Hurricane Dorian makes landfall on North Carolina's Outer Banks
- New report lauds eastern German development
- Your daily commute: Rain slows some road construction projects
- A roundup of movies set in North Dakota
- At Expo Milano 2015 big ideas - and big buildings - are still under construction
- North Korea warns of nuclear arms race before meeting with US
- Russian President Putin warns of 'consequences' over delayed space launch
- Japan's new Okinawa governor could delay US' Pacific pivot
No more delays in construction schedule of Eastern Cluster of North-South Expressway have 509 words, post on vir.com.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.