Since Hoan Kiem District is one among nine Hanoi districts deemed at high risk for Covid-19 infections, social distancing measures are still in place.
On Hang Ma Street, a Covid-19 checkpoint was erected Saturday to prevent large gatherings of people shopping for the Mid-Autumn Festival, which is also known as Children's Tet in Vietnam.
Along the streets, nearly all shops are closed. The capital has recorded 4,157 Covid-19 cases in the fourth wave starting April 27, with 20 added Friday.
Police officers visit the street and remind shopkeepers that the social distancing order is still in force.
Shutters are opened just a foot or two off the floor as customers and shopkeepers engage in discreet transactions.
People line up to shop for mooncakes on Hanoi's Thuy Khue Street in Ba Dinh District. Local police have cooperated with shops to sell the mooncakes in the spacious premises of the Chu Van An Primary School, ensuring that people observe social distancing rules.
- Remembering traditions at the Chinatown Mid-Autumn Festival 2017
- Tai Hang Fire Dragon Dance headlines Mid-Autumn Festival celebration in Hong Kong
- The world's most beautiful Autumnal festivals
- Yuiichi Festival in Yuki
- Walt Disney World Christmas and Holiday Festivities 2019
- Takasaki Kannon Lantern Festival 2019
- Dramatic Festivals in Eastern Ehime
- Autumn in Andalusia: a guide to culture and cuisine
- Slug Festival 2019
- Saijo Festival 2019
- Why autumn is the best (and cheapest) time to visit the magical city of Venice
- Park It: East Bay district’s fun FAM Fest! fast approaching
- The best hotels in Britain for autumn colours
- Takayama's Beautiful Fall Festival
- Akita Kanto Lantern Festival
- Goldfish Lanterns in Yanai
- Celebrating Oeshiki Festival
- Lantern Festival
- Festival season lasts all year in Elora & Fergus
- Halloween happenings and fall festivities — treats aplenty
No glow on Hanoi’s lantern street as Mid-Autumn Festival approaches have 372 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.