Around 30 Vietnamese singers and artists from different generations have performed a new song titled Hãy Yên Lòng, Sài Gòn Ơi! (Don't Worry, My Dear Sai Gon) to support HCM City amid the pandemic.
|Music video Hãy Yên Lòng, Sài Gòn Ơi! (Don't Worry, My Dear Sai Gon) features 30 Vietnamese singers and artists from different generations. Still photo taken from MV|
The song has a nostalgic melody with lyrics reflecting people's belief that they will soon win the fight against COVID-19. It also shows people's trust in the Government's response to the pandemic with the motto of "Leaving No One Behind".
The “First Mrs World” Doan Thi Kim Hong, the song's composer, who lives in the US, said: "I spent less than a month to write the song to extend my love to my beloved hometown from Chicago."
Hong, who was a music teacher for more than 20 years, performed the song with singers and artists including Nguyen Duyen Quynh, winner of TV music show Người Kể Chuyện Tình (Singing about Love), Nam Cuong, and MC Hong Phuc.
Teenage singers such as Bao Ngu, Bao Ngoc and Candy also joined the song.
Due to social distancing, the music video was made at home. All artists had to record and film their parts by themselves, and then send to the producer for editing.
The MV has attracted nearly 10,000 views on YouTube. YouTube user Hong Phuc said the song was meaningful and motivates people to fight against the pandemic together.
|The "First Mrs World" Doan Thi Kim Hong composes Hãy Yên Lòng, Sài Gòn Ơi! to express her love and support to HCM City. Photo courtesy of the producer|
In August, Hong also released a song titled Việt Nam Ơi, Ta Sẽ Thắng (Dear Vietnam, We Shall Win) performed by singer and actor Quoc Quoc.
She said: "I hope the songs convey the message of solidarity to people in Vietnam, and send our appreciation and gratitude to frontline forces."
“I believe in a great victory for HCM City and Vietnam."
Hong, who won Mrs Congeniality at the Mrs World 2005 pageant in India, was a member of the Mrs World judging panel in 2008, 2009 and 2011.
In 2013, she was awarded the title “First Mrs World” for her contributions to promoting the Mrs World Organisation in Vietnam and throughout the world.
Source: Vietnam News
- HCM City launches school milk programme
- HCM City posts continued FDI expansion in five months
- HCM City to host Vietnam– Singapore Business Forum
- HCM City: Thousands walk for AO victims, people with disabilities
- Cuba’s Giron victory commemorated in HCM City
- Cuba’s 60th Liberation Day marked in HCM City
- School shootings inspire new Bacharach song
- New Yorkers overwhelmingly support Amazon campus in Queens -poll
- Saudi-backed Yemeni forces launch new offensive to capture port city of Hodeidah from Houthis
- Report: Navy Plans New Camps to Support Immigration Crackdown
- A new New Cairo: Egypt plans £30bn purpose-built capital in desert
- Where in New York to Watch the Democratic Debates
- ‘Airbnb Tax’ in N.J. Opens New Front in Battle Over Internet Economy
- 5 Takeaways From New York’s Election Results
- Frank Gilliam wins Atlantic City mayor's office
- Lexington council seeks public input on moving city hall
- House immigration bill threatens to undermine sanctuary city policies
- If Immigrants Are Entitled to Jury Trial for Deportable Offenses, New York Court Rules
- San Jose Light Tower project finding a new direction
- Grant Holt to kick-off town’s new artificial football pitch
New inspirational songs support HCM City have 596 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.