Brussels (VNA) – Vietnam sets sight on rapid and sustainable socio-economic development with a long-term vision to 2030 and 2045, National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue told a Vietnam – Belgium business roundtable on September 9.
Hue said the country's growth will mostly rely on science-technology, innovation and digital transformation. The nation will also perfect market economy institution in tandem with socio-economic development, environment, national defence-security and external relations.
Vietnam advocates attracting foreign investment selectively with quality, efficiency, technology and environment protection as major criteria, he said, adding that priority is given to projects in high technology, innovation, research and development.
He asked Belgian firms to push forward the Belgian parliament's approval of the European Union – Vietnam Investment Protection Agreement (EVIPA).
Dien hoped that FESI and Nike will raise voice to the EU and US adminsitration to make it easier for Vietnam to access vaccines at the earliest via COVAX mechanism or commercial channel.
FESI and Nike also discussed the possibility of assisting Vietnam in COVID-19 fight such as supplying test kits or factory cleansing equipment.
During a working session with Univercells earlier, Dien listened to the company's presentation about its projects with the Vietnamese firms regarding vaccine study and production.
Its suggestions and materials will be sent immediately to the Health Ministry and potential partners in Vietnam for consideration./.
- The country’s smart approach to sustainable development
- Lao Cai sets sights on boosting medicinal herb sector
- Vietnam set to pioneer 5G services to benefit business
- Chinese publishers set sights on global expansion
- NA Chairwoman meets European Parliament Vice President in Hà Nội
- New approach into Vietnam logistics
- Ericsson to enable Vietnam’s 5G future
- Social entrepreneurship takes root though Vietnam still not affluent
- Vietnam develops skilled human resources
- La Vie and Nestlé Vietnam team up to mitigate drought and salinity effects
- Bình Thuận develops concentrated cultivation areas for key crops
- Binh Thuan develops concentrated cultivation areas for key crops
- Improving productivity is shortest way to economic development
- Viettel takes the lead in Vietnam’s digitization
- Joining IPU’s activities an important task: NA Chairwoman
- How can Vietnam’s real estate market brave the cold
- EU-ASEAN Business Council Publishes Reports to Support Vietnam's ASEAN Chairmanship
- Cần Thơ promotes sustainable urban agricultural models
- Rapid growth forecast for solar rooftop energy industry
- Economic Watch: Trade recovers on China-Vietnam border
NA Chairman: Vietnam sets sight on rapid, sustainable development have 385 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.