Helsinki (VNA) – National Assembly (NA) Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue arrived in Helsinki on September 9 evening, beginning his official visit to Finland at an invitation of his Finnish counterpart Anu Vehvilainen.
This visit is aimed at implementing the foreign policy set by the 13th National Party Congress, contributing to further promoting the traditional friendship and multifaceted cooperation between the two countries.
From September 10-11, Hue is expected to discuss with Finnish leaders on bilateral cooperation and strategic cooperation fields, directions to strengthen legislative collaboration as well as international and regional issues of mutual concern. The two sides will also talk how to control the COVID-19 pandemic, including cooperation in the supply of vaccines, drugs and medical supplies.
Within the framework of the visit, there will be many investment promotion and business connectivity activities between the two countries.
Since Vietnam and Finland established diplomatic relations on January 25, 1973, the bilateral traditional friendship and multifaceted cooperation have been maintained and developed well.
Economy, trade and investment are the top priority areas of Finland in its relations with Vietnam. Finland now ranks 70th out of 140 countries and territories investing in Vietnam. It has provided non-refundable aid for the Southeast Asian country with a total amount of about 340 million USD since 1973. In recent years, as Vietnam became a middle-income country, Finland does not provide more non-refundable aid to Vietnam in particular and to other countries around the world in general, but only continues providing aid to complete all ongoing programmes.
According to Vietnamese Ambassador to Finland Dang Thi Hai Tam, Finland considers Vietnam an important partner in Southeast Asia. She proposed the two sides bring into full play the complementarity of the two economies for a new stage in economic development.
The Vietnamese community in Finland is very honoured and proud to welcome the top legislator to Finland, Tam said, adding that the visit is a source of encouragement for and reflects the attention the Party and State pay to the Vietnamese community in Finland.
Currently, Finnish businesses and organisations have many initiatives and solutions that can help Vietnam develop further and Vietnam is also an attractive market for Finnish businesses, she added./.
- Japanese PM Yoshihide Suga begins Vietnam visit
- Japan’s Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga arrives in Vietnam for official visit
- Speaker of Korean National Assembly begins Vietnam visit
- The sensory overload that is Na Hang Lake
- NA Standing Committee’s 49th meeting wraps up
- Trump renews climate fight in visit to fire-ravaged West Coast
- Top U.S. officials 'were briefed about active threat to Pentagon's most senior leaders on American soil as possible retaliation for killing of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani'
- Vietnam striving to combat IUU fishing: Spanish official
- Donald Trump will visit California on Monday to see wildfires, adding the stop to his West Coast weekend campaign swing as death toll hits 31 from devastating blazes
- PM Phuc visits flood victims in central provinces
- Kids' lead testing plummets due to missed doctor visits in pandemic
- Some states begin to reopen as US closes in on 1 million coronavirus cases
- Speaker of RoK National Assembly begins Việt Nam visit
- GATE 2021 application process begins before schedule, check details
- Royal officials 'will examine Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's $150m Netflix deal' after they agreed to approval of any new commercial ventures when couple quit public life
- Missing Pak official who ‘helped’ in report on PM’s aide reappears
- Vigilance Awareness Week celebrations begin
- China to begin construction of Sichuan-Tibet railway close to India's border
- Toyota Mirai Is Blessed To Be Next Official Popemobile
- 'Fall Guys' Twitch Rivals NA Week 2: Start Time, Standings and How to Watch
NA Chairman begins official visit to Finland have 608 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 10, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.