Murder Yasumasa Shibuya. (Photo: Kyodo News)
According to the Chiba District Court’s ruling in July 2018, Shibuya abducted Linh while she was on her way to school on March 24, 2017. Her body was found near a drainage ditch in the city of Abiko, Chiba prefecture, two days later.
The district court sentenced Shibuya to life imprisonment on July 6, 2018 on the basis that his DNA was found on the victim’s body, while blood found in his car contained the girl’s DNA.
However, prosecutors appealed the ruling, as Le Anh Hao, the girl's father refuted the verdict. They said Shibuya took advantage of his position to deceive and murder Linh rather than protecting her as he was supposed to. According to them, the ruling did not match his ruthless action.
Prosecutors and the victim's family also sought the death penalty for Shibuya.
But the Tokyo High Court upheld the ruling in March this year, dismissing the appeal by prosecutors and the defense team.
- Dying for Christianity: millions at risk amid rise in persecution across the globe
- Aaron Hernandez apparently having trouble paying his mounting legal bills
- Aaron Hernandez murder case timeline
- Team Preview: Defending champs Japan must balance history with change
- Report: Octagon girl Brittney Palmer’s husband avoids attempted murder charge
- Hurts so good: Wisconsin Warriors proving girls play football, despite adversity
- Pacman Jones loses appeal, ordered to pay millions in damages
- Aaron Hernandez still flashes swagger, smile at murder trial
- Sorry, Suge: Sounds like Money May not paying your $10M bail
- Why aren’t good teams buying?
- Top 20 nicknames in UFC history
- Foreign funds ravenous for property investment
- The night Santa went crazy: 18 killer Santas from TV and film
- Taxpayers may pick up legal tab for cash-strapped Aaron Hernandez
- Top 20 WTF moments in UFC history
- Aaron Hernandez will face mountain of evidence as trial begins
- Lawyer: Ex-NFLer Aaron Hernandez, now in prison, low on cash
- Lawyer: Aaron Hernandez is running out of money
- 20-Step Cowboys Free-Agency Guidebook
- Cuban baseball opening runs into trouble
Murderer of Vietnamese girl in Japan ordered to pay JPY70 million have 322 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at September 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.